I was given a 1967 Country Sedan by a friend, I registered it and because he did no Non-Op, the registration, my Free, station wagon cost me almost $600.00 in late fees. . 1984 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale (Brochure). Brand new 245/60R14 BFG Radial T/As -runs and drives great-good clutch-one repaint several years ago Overall very good condition for a 47 year old car. It was a good car, even though based on the Nova. Back in the 1970s, GM still had divisional dealer networks for which all divisions had nothing but stand-alone dealerships in cities of 100,000 or more, usually Buick or Oldsmobile paired with Cadillac; or Buick, Olds or Pontiac dealers also selling GMC trucks. I have a 73 Nova coupe. Model - Tom Brady Is Part of Jota's Privateer Porsche . To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. If you coupled the latter engine with the four-speed, you might have had a somewhat interesting ride. I even miss the Grand Am a little. Pull that California smog engine out and build something more respectable. Brochure Outtake: Front Door or Rear? Lehighton, PA. Irregular This makes it very rare. This door and window crank handle washer is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Dave, is this the badging you were referring to on behind the rear door? Ill never forget how heavy and solid that thing was. All other V8 engines received the standard 2-barrel version. Its too bad they were stuck with the 1968 long hood/short deck hard points and couldnt revert to the 1962-67 hard points for more space efficiency. This 1973 Oldsmobile Omega looks like it may be worth a gamble. Its really hard to tell the difference between the Buick 455/430/400 and the 350 as well. It was named the Hatch Hutch: These are quite rare today. Sold with a bill of sale only. Real goats were on the Tempest frame. GM couldnt add extra outlets for different brands in certain areas without running afoul of those franchise laws. ), Walter in Breaking Bad drives an Aztek! If you took this to a Chevrolet car show and said it was similar to the Chevrolet Nova you may even get some great offers. Properly maintained of course. (wait, Im bragging about living in an area where vehicles get horribly rusty?!) Naturally it shared the Nova's body and many of its mechanicals, but it had its own unique nose and tail, and, being an Oldsmobile, it had a little fancier trim than the Nova. . Here are the Oldsmobile Omega Four Door Sedan Family Tree. Continue with Recommended Cookies, 1962 Chevrolet Corvette4 days$33,750Bid Now, 1978 Chevrolet Corvette5 days$2,100Bid Now, 1971 Lincoln Continental Mark III6 days$2,500Bid Now. A couple of interesting Omega links: The Omega Owners Registry, based on a Pontiac Ventura site,www.pontiacventura.com; andwebspace.webring.com/people/sn/novaessess/SSomega.htm, if youd like to see afew original Omega advertisements. Maybe an LSx swap, too? This particular example (complete with a lovely patina) was found on the streets of Lexington, KY. Could it be anything else but a mid-70s X-body, given that not much was (or could be) done to change the Novas chunky C-pillar shape? What to do? $24,000 Dealership CC-1674298 1971 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Check out our 1971 Oldsmobile Delta 88 convertible, which comes with factory air, power steering, po . rid of a otherwise clean 82 Prelude. Most of the Omegas I saw in my youth usually had a Van Ness Oldsmobile dealers frame on them. Those sold a ton, even though it was the same body style. http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2012/09/13/tired-of-being-ignored-improving-the-last-gsx/. And with 180 net HP, this more diminutive Oldsmobile probably, at one time, moved out in style. 107,500 Miles. 1973 Oldsmobile Omega $15,490 49601, Wexford County, MI 1973 21,400 Miles 1973 Oldmobile Omega. Notably, the sportier models were available with both the L4 and V6 engines.[2]. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Scottsdale, AZ Scottsdale, AZ 5 years at classiccars.com. Sometimes its best to steer clear of them because they had bugs to work out which often took a year or two, and sometimes, theyre worth a gamble. On the far side, we have the Cadillacs. It was off to the Pontiac dealer for a Luxury LeMans. Too make it interesting, an older Ram Rod 350 would be kinda a cool, 455 probably got more torque than this car could handle. The C-pillar/sloping trunk area of the subject car was way dated by the time this came out made it look like a 68-72 intermediate that shrunk in the wash, not a new car. I was talking with a buddy about this the other day. GMs upgraded 75 compacts were similar to Fords and Chryslers upscale models but also competed with the new Ford Granada and Mercury Monarch which raised the bar on precision-sized luxury cars by offering even more big car options such as power windows and seat, leather upholstery, cruise control, automatic air conditioning, etc. Good choices. It even borrowed the Nova's dashboard, but Olds added woodgrain trim to it for a more upscale look. 1973 Oldsmobile Omega Sedan 4 door from North America - Comments < Previous; 1; 2; Next > Home > Oldsmobile > Omega > Review > Comments. In 1974, the EPA rated the 350 in a Pontiac Ventura at 9.9 MPG which seems pretty dismal even for a pre-OPEC crisis 4-barrel. In Muncie Indiana there was an Olds-Cadillac dealer (Bradburn). I guess 1 would have to put a Nova nose on this? There was a difference the Omega was a slightly sporty version of the X body, offering wet look vinyl seat bolsters and houndstooth pattern cloth seat inserts a distinctive Oldsmobile grille and, like the early Buick Apollo and current Ventura, although a Chevy Six was standard, the Omega (and Pontiac Ventura and Buick Apollo/Skylark) did offer their own divisional V-8s (although the Pontiac Ventura II when initially offered in 71 used a Chevy 307 2-bbl). The GM standalone dealers were certainly the rule, at least in moderate to larger cities. Like the Nova, the Omega was available as a 2-door coupe, 3-door hatchback and 4-door sedan - no wagon bodystyle was offered. Buicks This means that worn out door hinges on these cars cannot be repaired without some sort of torch and chisel action. To answer the question of Olds or Pontiac nowadays I would say Pontiac most definitely. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Always liked the Olds. Continue with Recommended Cookies, 1962 Chevrolet Corvette3 days$33,750Bid Now, 1978 Chevrolet Corvette4 days$2,100Bid Now, 1971 Lincoln Continental Mark III5 days$3,000Bid Now, 1961 Volkswagen Samba Deluxe 23-Window8 days$5,000Bid Now. As far as the feature car I would repair transmission and make it my daily driver. The Dart and Duster/Valiant are loved, but no one compains that they look alike. GM had developed such a formidable reputation in the past decades that everyone expected them to pull the rug out from under the German luxury makers and Japanese economy champions just as they had demolished all earlier competition. RULES: No profanity, politics, or personal attacks. Out of the four domestic compact cars at the time (Nova & clones, Maverick & clone, Dart & clone and the Hornet) the RWD X bodies were the best ones. Your email address will not be published. American Brands: AMC, Jeep and All Others, Tractors, Lawn Mowers, Off-Road Equipment, Pontiacs pioneering badge-engineering of the Chevy Nova, webspace.webring.com/people/sn/novaessess/SSomega.htm. GM was the champion, and was *expected* to outdo itself, just as it had done for generations. However, they would have all rusted out only in larger quantities. http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2012/09/13/tired-of-being-ignored-improving-the-last-gsx/. The old GM thumb-button doorhandles and those heavy doors had a really quality feel to them, on an otherwise unimpressive car. Mo . $3,500. Oldsmobile Omega 1974 images in google section. Car runs and drives great. I can tell you my friend and I went all over the east coast on weekend road trips, hundreds of miles each way, into Canada, Cape Cod July 4th, 20* below zero skiing, no water fall grill anymore, chain holding down hoodcould not kill it. Seems like a nifty idea, and was used again on the ill-fated Pontiac Aztek. It came in dark green with tan interior-260 V8 with a stick, bucket seats and no console. I think that size rear wheel drive hatch is viable today. The metal dealer plate on our 74 Montego ( I still have the plate) was glued on. Take it or leave it but we would sell the entire assembly at the back glass only price. They dont make em like that anymore. No wonder the frumpy sedan didnt sell well. I cant imagine there were many stand-alone Olds dealers in the 1970s, so imagine having three nearly identical badge-engineered X-bodies that youre trying to move, that are plenty low profit, compared to the big 88s and 98s. . Ive also see a 350 badge on the front fender by the parking light on the Apollo, Nova, and Ventura, but have yet to notice any 350 or hatchback badging on any Omegas Ive seen on the internet. Now I read the write-up, comments I guess its the motor~. Dealership. You dont have the issue of car being dated by its design like a 57 Cadillac or a 59 Oldsmobile. Kind of a lumpy idle too. Awards & Ratings; Reviews; Cars for Sale; Sell My Car; Business; Used 1973 Oldsmobile Omega Values . Sometimes, over gangsters! DVID #: 73OL2775C; Make: Oldsmobile; Model: Omega; Year: 1973; Body Type: Style: 4 Door Sedan; Lot: Casa Grande; Price: Call to see if your part is still on the vehicle; Contact Us At 800-905-8024. No choice. This super '73 was owned by a young lady from Illinois who used the car as a daily driver to school, work, and the drive-in. Contrare . Drove it offa typical WVa hill w/2 telephone poles fora lift (horizontal, buried in the cliff) 4, 5 of us scrambled around under & un-bolted (top 3 or 4 hardest as under the cowl) & lifted in 1 frm junk yard. View car 1 day ago See photo 1975 oldsmobile omega 2dr coupe - opport $14,900 Richmond, Wayne County, IN 1975 55,005 Miles Cars in this condition are always my favorite you just cant fake the real quality here. Has the "Rocket 350" V8 automatic. Long Beach, CA 6 years at smartcarguide.com 15,995 1973 Oldsmobile Delta Eighty-Eight sedan 52,688 automatic Power Seats AM/FM Concord, NC 6 years at carsforsale.com I didnt take the bait. The first two generations of the Omega used rear-wheel-drive configuration, as a badge engineered variant of the Chevrolet Nova. Caddy typically boarded with the C-Os. Mercedes caught up in aircon and cushy ride before Cadillac caught up in compact size. Become a member to add images to your comments. 1953-as Oldsmobile hirdets. An Olds shopper who bought a new Omega was mostly looking for a personal commuter car (either a single-adult household or a second car), not a family sedan. . White with Black Bucket Seats. Easy to pass for cars in a good or better state of tune. As the resident 71-6 B-body & 73-77 A-body dork in this community, I can attest to the loss of structural integrity that coincided with the loss of the classic handle you are speaking of. . http://stevensautomotivemuseum.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/1974-Omega-Coupe-Side.jpg, http://photogallery.classiccars.com/#!v=slideshow&g=145&gi=388744&ss=search-0-9999-Oldsmobile-Omega-0-s&ssi=379738&sp=0&ssy=0&sey=9999&sm=Oldsmobile&smo=Omega&xo=hmn, Love the Don Jacobs metal dealer badge! 14 miles north of downtown Indianapolis, IN 317-688-XXXX 1974 Oldsmobile Omega ENGINE: 350 CID V8 BODY:2DR TRANSMISSION: 4-Spd Auto EXTERIOR COLOR: Blu more. But then the Omega would have been competing in wheelbase and size with the Cutlass. Alabama car, very solid. Got it w/bad tranny but it drove 5 or 800 mi 1st. 1973 Oldsmobile Omega. Now the Oldsmobile Omega Two Door Coupe Family Tree. For the Omegas of the day the 73 and 74s I remember seeing were usually coupes/couper hatchbacks and usually were dressed up with the wet-look seats, vinyl tops (usually black), the full Cutlass wheel covers and whitewalls. While Chevy and Pontiac intermediates got . New Headers. 1973 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale convertible. This needs a lot of work, obviously. . Scripture Olds in San Rafael, Van Ness Olds in San Francisco, Connell Olds in Oakland. Cant remember the name of the color but it was basically metallic orange and had a white painted roof, dual exhaust w/glass packs. The Omega was one of three X-body Chevrolet Nova clones. Your email address will not be published. Add to Cart. 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (Brochure). Not saying I agree. This example has suffered some of those rust issues, unfortunately. A 4-speed manual was standard in this car (with its 350 V8) but this one has the optional automatic. The are basically the same, although there were some exterior and interior differences. Email Us [email protected] Desert Valley Auto Parts . Yet as an independent business owner, dealers had to defend the status quo and resist franchise law changes or see their own businesses victimized by the changing market. The idle is smooth and and the engine sounds great! Has the original Turbo 350 auto transmission. One interesting thing about these is that a tent was available for the hatchbacks. Hard to call this a first year car with all its sisters. Made I like to imagine that theyre looking at a map and hes softly whispering I told you so in her ear. Entirely Rebuilt engine at 91,000 miles Engine 454 Rocket. 1977 Oldsmobile Toronado. 3. I guess I didnt expect so much effort to be spent lambasting this car; we all know that this was well into the badge engineering phase of GM in the early-mid 70s. Of For sale! I have to really wonder how serious B-O-P dealers were about selling these vehicles, I really think they simply wanted something smaller so they could advertise something like You can drive a ________ for prices starting as low as $_________! In 1979 I was shopping for a new car and wandered into the local Olds dealership asking if they had any Omegas in stock-the salesman immediately started trying to move me into a Cutlass, telling me it rode much better. Across the street we can do you with badge-engineering or original imagery. Date Sep 22 Oct 22 Nov 22 Dec 22 Jan 23 Feb 23 Price (US $) $28,500 $29,000 $29,500 $30,000 $30,500 $31,000 1976 Oldsmobile Omega 1975 Oldsmobile Omega 1974 Oldsmobile Omega 1973 Oldsmobile Omega Index Price. Faults: Wheel bearings at about 70000, and I've replaced the shoes a couple of times. 1958 Oldsmobile Super 88 Holiday coupe. I have no evidence beyond circumstantial, but if I had to take a guess, Oldsmobile dealers would have rather had a unique product. Dave, regarding the Oldsmobile badge behind the rear windows you mentioned. Hatchbacks were hot, and that helped the Omegas popularity. General Comments: There were alot of stand-alone Oldsmobile dealerships through the 70s and 80s. You had to shop around, and maybe you would see this by accident or otherwise, in a magazine or advertisement or whatever. Cheap fun!! Buick and Pontiac came out with their version as well. Just pulled my moms 1973 Omega hatchback from her garage. I liked the looks of these cars, especially in coupe form with the rally wheels and exterior trim. 455 engines installed in Cutlasses had special notched valve covers to clear the A/C box. My 73 Delta 88 had plenty of beans so this smaller car should move well. Needs body work but it's all there. It sits on a 1977 Chevy 3 3, 4-door long-bed 4x4 chassis with heavy-duty Dana 60 axles Chrome Wheels . 1976 OLDSMOBILE OMEGA BROUGHAM SPECIFICATIONS PRICE BASE PRICE $3,703.60 OPTIONS (AS PROFILED) Automatic transmission (required in CA); AM/FM stereo; power steering; economy gauge; FE2 suspension; Anti-Spin rear; 3.08 axle, high-capacity radiator ENGINE TYPE Chevrolet straight-six; cast-iron block and cylinder head DISPLACEMENT 250 cubic inches The seller has included a few underside photos which is great. CrazyI just saw a brown 4-door for sale at a dealership in Minnesota the other day! OEM Design: Landau Tops are made with the highest quality Haartz Vinyl Roof Topping materials. my parents had one of these garbage-y Omegas. Someone further up in the string mentioned about BOP dealers wanting a smaller car to make up for the loss of the sell-up models. Oldsmobile introduced the Omega in 1973 as Oldsmobile's first compact car, and was a fraternal X-body twin to the Chevrolet Nova. Unlike the Chevrolet Citation, which the car was based on, the Omega range consisted of a 2-door coupe and 4-door sedan, with upright styling and a split grille. That 350 (not sure rear end gear) is pretty powerful ! 1973 Oldsmobile Omega Coupe 250 6-Cylinder Turbo Hydra-Matic (aut. Most people shopping at an Oldsmobile dealer did not want a compact. Door Seal Kit - Rear . Took me a while to catch up to snag the photo. Three body styles were available, a two-door notchback, two-door hatchback, and a four-door sedan, all with Nova dimensions, but I guess chugging some more weight. 1934 Oldsmobile 8 convertible coupe (Model L-34) Az 1940-es Oldsmobile Series 70. Oh, wait. But not always. Its listed on eBay with bids just topping $2,500 and there is no reserve. Google it. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. A friend owned a clean 1975 Olds Omega Salon hatchback around the 1980-83 timeframe. See more price trends. There you go-Pontiac. fix all the issues with and have a car worthy of being kept for another 10-15 years. Was my wedding Car. 30 . Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for For 1973-1977 Oldsmobile Omega PCV Valve AC Delco 48331RC 1974 1975 1976 at the best online prices at eBay! But at least its only going for what the horribly rusted out Chevies you see here should go for. Now with the recent increase in registration fees as of Jan 1, 2018, I could see this costing over $1000.00 if the late fees are for fees for more than 5 years in late rego fees. I just realised this, and Ive been known to be wrong before, that if anyone in the US was supposed to build cars that beat the foreign competition into submission, it was GM. This clever 'sleeper' is a lot of performance for the money. Oldsmobile Omega 1973, Door and Window Crank Handle Washer Set by Goodmark. Through the 1950s, Cadillac sales tended to be concentrated in larger metropolitan areas. Just doing brakes, fuel and exhaust. It's surprising that this four-door Oldsmobile was the poorest-selling model of the three, with about half the sales volume of the two-doors. $6,000. Two JGR Crew Members Suspended for Loose Wheel. The thing to do, then, if the dealers wanted compactswas to let them host more than one brand. Recently one dealer bought out the other, and now it survives as a Chevrolet-Buick-Cadillac dealer. The door hinges are actually welded to the doors & body pillars, making them non-serviceable. $2,500 1973 Olds Omega Hatchback Tallahassee, FL Here is a great project car. This Olds is a nice change from all the Novas. The trend away from one standard car per brand meant the GM sales model had to change. Even the side moldings. In 1977 things got cloudy. Caddy kinda did get one of these shoved down their throat in the form of the Seville, and Buick did also with the Skylark. Again, California may have been different, but my rusty 35 year old memories tell me that these Nova variants were pretty popular here. 1973. lol, Look at the sky in the background. Its located in San Bernadino, California. So many fees and hassles. Aside from the standard and Brougham models offered of the duration of production, sportier models were also offered. Well, there will be some upholstery work to do on the drivers seat but the rear seat looks great. Nearly 500 pounds more car than some smaller compacts. 1973 Oldsmobile Omega Sedan 4 door 350 V8 "Gold Rocket" from North America. If I recall correctly, this car was the result of dealer complaints regarding the elimination of the six-cylinder engine in the 1972 F-85, followed by the elimination of the F-85 itself for 1973, as much as anything else. Id kinda like to see an Oldsmobilized Seville, just to think of what could have been. This reminded me of another asinine feature of these X-body cars. when the Plymouth Valiant Brougham (yes, I know, a contradiction of marketing terms) and the Dodge Dart Special Edition emerged with thick, luxurious velour interiors, comprehensive sound deadening, lavish exterior chrome and vinyl tops were introduced I cant recall anyone in my middle class suburbs buying one of the Nova clones. YoY price change N/a. Had to go with some costume parts. It looks like this- The Omega is a rebranded Nova with better trim, different bumpers, etc. Lower Bushing MSRP $115.99 set Classic set View Product Details WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov Add to Wishlist Product # *53149615 1968-73 Chevy II, Nova; Molded Carpet and Underlay Kit; Loop; 2/4 Door; w/o Console; Maroon/Oxblood MSRP $229.99 set In such-sized cities it was common to have a Chevy dealership, followed by a Buick-Pontiac-GMC house, and then Oldsmobile-Cadillac. Come take a close look at this unique 4-4-2 Concept Omega. We always had Chev-Olds or Pontiac-Buick dealers in Toronto, I dont remember any satnd alone Chevy or Olds dealers. Chevrolet also had mostly stand-alone dealerships in small towns and large cities, but in cities of 5,000-25,000, it was common for Chevy to be paired with Oldsmobile or Buick. Here in Miami we had Cooper, Fincher, Hebert, Koons and Jeff Crippen, all single franchise Oldsmobile dealerships. I do know they had a hidden antenna under the roof if you had a radio. Most often GM dealers got a higher or lower line to add in. Porsche 996 Classic Club Coupe Goes to Auction. The featured car has the wheel covers similar to those on the 73 -74 Cutlass. Car was delivered in December 1972 from Story Olds in Lansing, Mi as a wedding present from my parents to my wife. Today it carries Chevrolet and Cadillac. All I know is I offered the guy a price and he told me he'd take 1/3 of that offer. parable of the talents verse, naval station norfolk parking instruction, list of fm radio stations near me,

Hudson River Fireworks 2022, Pennsylvania Building Code For Decks, Clark County, Wa Setback Requirements, Stassi Schroeder Dad, Life Care Centers Of America Employee Handbook, Articles OTHER

1973 oldsmobile omega 4 door