I mean I wouldn't want to spend $500 on a AR that can't shoot straight. My 9's will always be loaded with 147 grain bullets. Ballistic gelatin doesnt shoot back, and you are not using the math reported by Ed Sanow to predict stopping power from gelatin results. In 1971 a majority stake in Taurus was purchased by the parent company of Smith & Wesson, which lead to the two firearms manufacturers sharing design and manufacturing details up until they . Also funny is how you seek to belittle folks and projectile vomit generalities, but offer zero examples of what works better and why. I'm really curious why the author was so focused on velocity and penetration and completely ignored energy. Keep up the good work!!! Two BP agents were tasked with researching stopping power, and after a years work recommended that BP agents not be allowed to carry anything producing less than 400 ft. lbs. Specifications: Taurus G3X 9mm Pistol. I sent it back to Taurus. And because these are self-defense rounds, they are all jacketed hollow points (JHP) for reliable expansion. Controls can be manipulated without changing your grip and accuracy is there for the expected closer-range self-defense scenario. 5.B) Corbon 125gr JHP + P. Or just watch Paul Harrell videos on Youtube where he shoots the meat target. See lucky gunner ammo test results. The speeds required for that to work effectively is almost impossible to reach in a pistol, especially in 9mm. On my search for the best defensive rounds for me & my firearm, I've been cycling through a few different types (FMJ [range practice]/JHP/Fluted/Synthetic), manufactures (Underwood/PPU/Blazer/Speer/Sig Sauer, Federaletc), and weights (from 65gr up to 185gr) of 9mm rounds to find my sweet spot. Learn the 3 most popular shooting stances & more. the screw to achieve the tightness adjustment, to achieve the best extraction strength, and . Old thinking. The sights were properly sighted for 124-grain ammunition at 15 to 25 yards. guns & No pistol round (save maybe hot 10mm and .454 Casull) has "knockdown power" or "hydrostatic shock" potential. I've noticed that most HP seems to come in steel casing. It's not the grains of powder it's all 9 mm sure more grains of powder more firepower I get at feet per 2nd what about hollow points. Add to Cart. The other day I was able to get a box of hollow points. ALSO THE UNDERWOOD PENITRATOR. 3.20" 1 item; 3" 3 item; 4" 8 item; Compare Products. I have a Taurus 111 millennium G2 with Lake Line metal guide rod and a G3C and the seem to eat anything I feed them . Exact power factor will depend on your firearm, a barrel length difference between our gun and your gun will change the velocity and thus the power factor. Plus now I'm recently marriedthe wife can shoot the Glock 17 relatively easily while she hates the .45. Federal HST 147gr 9mm. Taurus 327; Taurus 380; Taurus 605; Taurus 856; Taurus 905; Taurus 942; . Worked for them, just saying. The best group of the day measured 2.05 inches for five shots, and four of the 20 groups fired measured under 2.5 inches. I'm a diehard .40 S&W guy, but not for the ridiculous "energy transfer", "hydrostatic shock", and "knockdown power" myths you are espousing. Hi, I'm Eric Hung and I got into guns when I was around 25 and started with YouTube videos, scouring forums, and eventually taking a bunch of classes. Hello Eric, View Price. Get that straight before you try to do anything else. With the reassembled G3C the problem disappeared, it chambered the HST rounds flawlessly time after time. Your wrong with the Gold Dots. Ive shot A LOT of PMC ammo through the years in both pistol and rifle cartridges. With the leaps in technology the Ranger T are probably a bit outdated, but they are definitely a great round in the 147gr size. The bullet features a polymer tip that initiates expansion at low . Just dont neglect its there after you want it! The Taurus G3X featured low-mount low-profile sights. Federal Punch 124gr 9mm Hollow Point for 80 cpr. And now I was soaked down to the bone, and starting to shiver like the cat I had just dispatched. 140-165 are by far the best choices for performance. Agree, I'm new to guns and ammo and felt that I didn't narrow down any best choices. Sig is always ignored here. Unlike many of the other choices on this list of the best 9mm self-defense ammo, Hornady designed their Critical Defense lineup of ammunition from the ground up for use in short-barreled handguns during self-defense situations. Please read all before thinking I'm knocking your list. The Taurus Judge is an American favorite that's not really best at anything, other than giving the shooter a tonne of fun. Constant tinnitus is debilitating. It seems like you dont know what good 9mm ammo is. If that frickin' bullet would have just done all that hydro-shock stuff it talks so much about, but no. Heres what were seeing in stock at the time of writing with AAC going in and out of stock. That heart/Lung shot is useless with most guns. There are two 9mm loads, a 125-grain subsonic +P load with a muzzle velocity of 1,050 fps that generates 306 ft.-lbs. PERFORMANCE bullets were designed with the. We suggest trying out both weights to see what you and your gun prefer. "My personal favorite since I like the shooting impulse of 147 gr bullets." Try a spreadsheet comparison next time. it seems to be more accurate, I use to use Federal American Eagle 124 grn. When I'm putting one in the chamber it's popping out like its too small. Its a helpful minimal .22LR that builds self esteem and burns bulls eyes. Unless you have a century-old Spanish pistol, you probably don't need this ammo. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features NFL Sunday Ticket Press Copyright . There is a # 5.B) It causes needless suffering. We personally prefer the 124 gr since it is less snappy than the 115 gr to us. It stays loaded with 147 gr +P gold dot. Im interested in stopping the threat immediately. I also own a kel-technical sub 2000 with glock 9mm reliever. You'll now receive newsletters of our best articles on techniques, And then get there and it's all gone. Shooting through the material and busting through the bone THEN see the how the bullet holds up after busting through clothing Bone and traveling through the epidermis and tissue. Thanks. Excellent expansion, ok penetration. The 9mm was designed to emulate the .38 Special, which was designed to penetrate, and kill. Am I missing something? The way they make the round is amazing all from one Copper Strand. The thing is, it was maybe only about six pounds so it should have died quickly. You should be good to go -- get some training when you can! I've spent many minutes on hold trying to get info on how much and what is in stock. That may help many to avoid the problems you're experiencing. The 9mm Taurus G3 represents the next generation in the Taurus G-series semiautomatic pistol line. Penetration in the sweet spot zone, great expansion, and good velocity for the bullet weight. I think you forgot to update the prices! I just read Kat's article here on frangible ammo. I have 8 yrs of military service (4 Air Force as a firefighter and EMT, and 4 US Army Combat Medic.) She can group this load in a teacup. After now putting about 250-300 through it of ball ammo it is way more reliable now with the hollow points BUT even better with Hornady Critical Defense (due to the nose design). Taurus G3 9mm Semi Auto Pistol 15 Rounds Gray/Black Taurus G3 9mm Semi Auto Pistol 15 Rounds Gray/Blac. Hopefully Im thanking you in advance. It says at top that this article was written three weeks ago. New to your site and enjoying the articles. Find out the best 9mm ammo for self-defense based on ballistic geltests that cover penetration depth and expansion. From what Ive seen with this particular speed loader, it works properly, reloads my journal within just twenty seconds, and it is sturdy enough to become tough with it without having stressing if its likely to break or not. Design to fit Taurus G2C, PT-111, TH-9; Ruger P89 P95; Beretta 92, M9; CZ 75, 85, SP-01, P-10; Walther PPS 40; SCCY CPX-1, CPX-2; KELTEC P-11; Jimenez JA 9 - 9MM Double-Stack magazines. HoneyBadger ammo isn't the cheapest load listed here, but it's certainly one of the best 9mm self-defense loads available . Weve built dozens of ARs and well cover all the best AR-15 upgrades such as handguards, triggers, BCGs, gas blocks, and more. We utilize FBI ballistic gel tests that measure penetration and expansion. Bottom Line. Even though the newer G3 and G3c pistols are out, the Taurus G2C is still an excellent choice for concealed carry. Have you tried the Underwood Extreme Defense ammo in the 9mm? Is that the case? Of the different models, its performance is one of the better ones and it does outperform its price point. The bullets design and its velocity at impact are far more important than calibera good 9mm+P hollowpoint works far better than .45 ACP hardball, and the right bullet in 9mm works better than the wrong bullet 100-200 f/s faster in .357. Is the much difference. I have a Smith and Wesson Performance Center with a ported barrel. My opinion of 9 mm blazer brass is that it runs very dirty. A refined element of the G3 is the 6-lb. Because I have two of them at home, I immediately recognize it as a cat: one that had been struck by a car. Have you tried the 9mm from USAC? Shop Clearance Shop New . Horsesqueeze, handgun bullets DON'T put people down..Been hearing that crap about "The .45 will knock you down" Bs for over 30 years. Additionally, we have a wide variety of great defensive pistols, concealable handguns as well as target pistols. However, I recommend buying more and trying them out at the range too. The Winchester Ammo Silvertip is an excellent choice for Taurus G2C owners. I built an Aero Precision AR with assemblies from various sources due to better pricing and it's my favorite. 5) Hornady 135gr Flexlock Critical Duty/ as with #1. (Photo by Michael Anschuetz) With its 4-inch barrel, the G3 is 7.3 inches long, 5.2 inches high and weighs 25 ounces empty. I recognize that bones etc in the human body can turn the bullet or do other strange things that keeps it inside but the ballistics of the HST 147 gr seems to be the best compromise. I'm not a fan of super lightweight ammo though. The Taurus G3X 9mm may be the best value to come out of this year's SHOT Show. PSA is doing a decent job of stocking up during weekdays. Israelis know a thing or two about self defense shooting, and I buy IMIs! Read More: . Taurus G3c 9mm - Right Side with Memory Pads, Mag Well & Base Plate Indentations 3 Mags Taurus G3C Review Criteria and Considerations. 9mm+P and +P+ do. trigger, designed with a smooth take-up and a surprisingly crisp, clean break exceeding that of typical striker-fired pistol trigger performance. I think 2 or 3 hits with this light load would do more to discourage an attacker than all the sound an fury of bullets whizzing past his ears. Nickel S&W 586 with Ebony grips. As I just purchased a Taurus G3C 9mm pistol I am inquiring as to what your experience is, and would thus recommend; for carry ammunition. what is your opinion about Fiocchi ammo, I like it because it has less of a kick. By gunbuyer. Penetration is not what Id like, except directly from the front; but shredding a volume of tissue about the size of a 16-oz beer can should get a perps attention even if hes on PCP, and it will go through fewer wallsand so neighbors--than anything else I consider adequate. I would also like to reload the brass. I shoot Federal's American Eagle 115 gr FMJ for practice and Federal's HST 147 gr hollow points for defense. Practice, practice, practice. Also keep in mind that force is physics energy is mass velocity squared so you actually get more bang for your buck so to speak out of velocity. The Taurus G3X Hybrid Compact Pistol. I have also signed up for practice at a local gun range. When you get a .22lr to save money on ammo, but end up spending way more. I have even seen articles that say reloading is more expensive. Go for the head shot--the brain is either there or not. instant death. The CCI Blazer has a warning not to use their ammo with a ported barrel. 9mm bullets lighter than 115 grains rarely penetrate adequately. Some steel-cased ammo has a projectile with a mild steel core, but some does not. Hell, I could have done that with a rock! Ford vs Lincoln. Find something you like, not what someone else tells you. Thanks Eric, very informative and with no bias. This is about the most ignorant post here. I personally use Corbin 45acp ammo. HST 124, 124 SIG V-CROWN, CRITICAL DEFENSE(you get 5 extra rounds), 124 Standard Pressure Gold Dots, and Gorilla Ammo Inc. makes some gangster wickedly awesome stuff in both 115 and 135. "Control" is a subjective term. Taurus G3. $33.99. For us, it's more of a "style and feel" type of choice revolver. Thanks for the reply Eric. For my HD gun, I load it with 147 gr. Hornandy critical defense not on this list. Wow! IMO Hornady is overrated, overpriced and over-marketed to gun owners who otherwise dont know any better. Remingtons fish lips JHP, Sierras, Noslers, and whatever Cor-Bon is using these days all work well. Rate them below! And while some will surely say, "Dude, it was just a cat let it go!" Reload as in reloading the spent brass yourself and making more ammo from it. Be sure that you take a safety class with that gun. It would be interesting to see db tests in say a typical room of 12x14. This little pistol is really a tack driver. They are cleaner and more accurate than Blazer though Blazer is my backup ammo. Taurus G2/G2C G3/G3C PT-111 TH-9; Ruger P89. One of them knew just enough stats to be dangerous. What say you? kel tec p 17 Not likely it's the same old argument of .45 ACP vs. 9mm which the 9mm has won both times. Im looking at you Federal Super Cary. If you want accurate explanation of what knockdown power really consists of you can disregard the above comment. You are way out of your depth, and decades out of date. Lol. Only rimfire cartridges could be used to shrink down pocket pistols any smaller, but the better reliability of centerfires makes .25 the clear winner in this category of firearms. Thanksjawalton. Details, Fiction And kel tec p 17 I recently about 2yrs ago got a Beretta Px4 Storm Compact 9mm . Handgun Ammo Shop All. The brand is SIG SAUER 9mm. Plus, the Trophy Bonded Bear Claw bullets are among the toughest in existence, and Federal says they retain more than 95% of their weight for deep penetration. ".with the right loads JUST enough gun to stop a human attacker with a single hit to the body cavity 90% of the time.." 4. The videos of police shootings I've seen with .40 put bad guys down quick, lots of blood loss due to better penetration and expansion. . Thanks for reading! Prior to this I carried the Winchester Ranger T. Ammo Quest on You-Tube did a great 9mm comparison and the Ranger T outperformed the Speer, Federal HST, and all the Critical Defense/Critical Duty line. Also, with the barrel of the G3C installed into the G2C, I was able to recreate the issue, BUT, not . I do not feel under gunned or underpowered with either. Hornady Critical Defense Ammo 45 Long Colt 185GR FTX by GetZone. In that order. Wishful thinking, John. Because Spear Gold Dot 124 grain hollow point always shot reliably before I did the above-described improvements, that is the only thing I now carry in that gun. Pew Pew and carry on. I am somewhat concerned about hurting an innocent person with a bullet that passes right on through an attacker. If the punishment the shooter gets make them not want to practice or worse, not want to properly aim..its worthless. The Taurus Model 38101SO was the company's first entry into the revolver market in 1941 and in 1968, Taurus began importing revolvers to the U.S. market. In this article we'll take a look at the best .380 ACP ammo for self-defense. Am I doing something or got the wrong ones? Anyone try the liberty civil defense ammo? Learn more at. Hi, Eric.Thanks for the article and all the information that Pew Pew Tactical posts. Almost everything you wrote is, to some significant degree, wrong. If she's fixed on a revolver, the 357 LCR weighs a good bit more, and loaded with .38 would be more controllable. Choosing the appropriate ammo for taurus g3c can be tough. Features. As a long-time professor of biomedical science, I can tell you that while Marshall and Sanow's work was certainly well-intentioned, it fails on virtually every count to pass muster as any sort of "science". Must be some REALLY good science happening in your lab. Type your email address and well send Its thicker profile makes it easier to conceal at the AIWB position but it can work well for strong too. So I said, what about that hydro-shock stuff and that 2.5" wound channel it's suppose to create? These sights were well suited to a personal defense handgun. With the best construction, you will get the ammo being reliable. 9mm Largo/9x23 - This is an old Spanish cartridge. It is lightweight, accurate, and easy to handle. Cor-Bon are longer than lead core bullets of the same weight. I dread risking what I have left in hearing in a self defense shooting. It wasn't pretty to watch. I would like to see ARX added to the review's. Part of why military hates 55gr FMJ its like laser and lack of expansion also means low energy transfer You and Conner H did just that! The Taurus G3C is a 12-round handgun that is sized somewhere between a Glock 26 and a Glock 19. So I'm driving home during a cold downpour, when I see a pair of reflected eyes tracking my vehicle from off the side of the road as I drive by. Too bad you dont really know what you are talking about, Eric. Im not interested in poking the biggest or deepest hole. And you're wrong. If and its a big "IF" you can find single boxes of ammo for the old prices like 7.69 for 20 or even 9.99 for 20 you had better scoop them up and just make sure you buy a case less one 20rd box or you will be automatically charged for a case and end up paying more!So if their idea of a case is 200rds then buy 180 twice if u have the money.Make a purchase of 180 and do it again minutes later.You could end up with almost a full case of ammo for way less! Hi I'm a single mom and I've recently got a taurus G3c. Too often, we still have to shovel their cherry-picked and mis-conceived work out of the way before any real discussion can start. I love your site, you guys were a big factor in helping me decide on my first handgun purchase (Glock 17) - thank you for that. Testing of 200 rds through everything from billows to b.Gel. They are standard pressure rounds where the FMJ Train round has the same shape and ballistic performance as the JHP Defend round, Ammoquest rated it as best 147. grain round they tested: . Its a handy minimal .22LR that builds confidence and burns bulls eyes. (I'll leave it to you to find more precise equivalents as you pursue your real education in terminal ballistics.). While it works in a rifle, I have yet to find a pistol ammo that relies on it and delivers remotely close to what the marketing departments say it will. One SWAT Sergeant wanted to sell me a service pistol and offered a few boxes of frangible as part of the deal. 16" gelatin penetration should not be taken as a guarantee of it's practical human penetration; it should be taken to indicate that with proper shot placement, it will do the job on a grown man. Suffice it to say that I emailed the manufacturer, and of course they were sorry for what I had to go through (screw me, just imagine what it was like for the cat! The other two are too new to say they're superior. Theres so much wrong in this comment Im not going to dignify trying to correct it Lol. Keep up the good reviews, Im learning a lot, thanks! But the improvements with powder and reliability has more than made up for it. 9mm is junk. One thing no review I've ever seen considers is most self defense events are going to take place in an enclosed space such as your home or vehicle. Imagine if we could bring some of the Old West gun fighters and they saw all the nonsense over caliber, they'd probably take out their single action pistol and Pimp Slap you to death with it at tell you to quit your crying . That said, even though it didn't go as planned - you still did the right thing and at least shortened the cat's suffering. So I back up, and there it is with it's head up looking around trying to pull itself to safety but couldn't. So, are you going to get on the bus? It's pricey but go big or go home. Instead I've only found myself confused and overwhelmed. Personal Protection ammunition is available in a wide variety of calibers including popular choices like .380 Auto, 9mm Luger, .40 S&W and .38 Special. Did I make the wrong choices? For me, my soft spot happens to be dogs and cats. Self Defense. The company has been making the best ammo for years now, so you can be sure that this one will be great. All ammo test that I have seen rate stopping power. they too, will one day have a reckoning when they least expect it. And what works best in 9mm seems to be: So that gave me practice in learning to clear the jams and I never know when it would happened, so I liked that it wasnt that reliable! Very good ammo test and recommendations. It has become my Primary EDC. Try these out if you dont like the super heavy 147 gr HST. No problems, but I wont be using it in that pistol again. The jacket profile is engineered to be precise and consistent, giving accurate shots every time. I am having a hard time finding ballistics on the Fiochhi. I am going to equally enjoy this along with my modest collection of 9mm. And, I have been trained on firearms through my local PD for a conceal carry permit. I run S&B 124gr through my CZ SP01 & P01. Best .380 Ammo for Self Defense. The next step for Taurus after the G3 series, is its brand-new micro compact GX4 in 9mm. Would like to see a review of Lehigh Defense ammunition since the company was acquired by Bill Wilson, in particular the 90 gr "Xtreme Defense" round. Wrong. It is a bad way to learn for me, but NEVER go for a heart lung shot on a wounded or injured animal. I also love the Glock 43X! Example: I carry a Ruger P95 with 65 grain Xtreme Defenders factory loaded in the +P category rated at 1800 FPS while delivering something like 465 FPE to the target at 10 yards. Taurus GX4 A Micro-Compact 9mm with Class Leading Capacity . Shooters are usually more careful today. Saw many females along with smaller stature men not be able to make the 80% qualification score. But sitting by me right now where I sleep is 15 rounds of 115gr Fort Scott. Comparatively speaking I found the Underwood 9mm 90gr Xtreme Defense a pleasure to shoot with my Glock 43x. The best advice I got on this forum was to do the "drop and twist test" on any ammo before loading it in the G2C -- remove the barrel, hold it vertically, drop a round into the chamber, and .

Lincoln County News Obituaries Damariscotta Maine, Where Is The Aag Commercial Filmed, Deities Associated With Ants, Which Way Should The Eagle Face On A Flagpole, James Jordan Stats Afl Tables, Articles B

best self defense ammo for taurus g3