When working with a satin sheen, apply a liberal amount of product, and avoid pressure and back-brushing. It depends on the type of use you plan for your butcher-block top and the look you want. - Upcycling by Amy. This table was purchased in 1934 at a Stickley furniture store by my clients great grandmother for her daughter and husband, his grandma and grandpa, as a wedding gift. Learn how to apply General Finishes Milk Paint in this video! Arm-R-Seal is a thinurethane topcoat; the flatting agents used to create flatter sheens quickly settle to the bottom of the canand need to be redistributed often. Avoid excessive exposure to direct sunlight, high temperaturesor high humidity. Shes been top coated with two coats of GF water based topcoat for added protection." More, America's Leading Manufacturer of Innovative Water-Based Wood Finishes, Oil Based Urethane Gel & Liquid Wipe-on Top Coats, COMPARE Paints, Glazes & Pigmented Topcoats, COMPARE Primers, Sanding Sealers & Undercoats, Water Based Finishes & Coatings For Professional, Industrial & OEM Use, Water Based Pigmented Top Coats, Paints, Glazes & Enamel, Water Based Sanding Sealers, Wood Primers, and Undercoats, Professional Water Based Wood Stains & Dye Stains, Enduro Ready to Match (RTM) Water Based Stain, Exterior Water-Based Wood Stains, Top Coats & Deck Oil, Water Based Extenders, Accelerators & Brush and Gun Cleaner, Fill Sticks -NEW Assortment Pack of 15 Color Groups, Touch Up Markers - NEW Assortment Pack of 15 Color Groups, Water Based Paints and Glazes for Cabinets, Millwork and Furniture, Water Based Stain Blocking Primers, Undercoats, & Sanding Sealers, High Performance Water Based Polyurethane Topcoat, Water Based Wood Stains, Dye Stain and Pre-Conditioners, Oil Based Wipe-on Stains, Pre-stain Conditioners & Sealers, Fill Stick and Touch Up Marker Assortment Pack, 4 Reasons to Switch to Water-Based Wood Finishes, GF as Seen In Green Building & Design Magazine. Ash coffee table stained with General Finishesoil based Honey Maple stain and finished with their high performance water based topcoat. How about a vintage liquor cabinet. Life of Product You can also sandwell and re-coat. "This little beauty needed a lot of work but had great bones. - Sage Furnishings. *How Do I Correct the Haze That Appeared When I Applied Gel Satin Topcoat Over 3 Coats of Gel Stain?*. Gel satin is a thicker consistency, eliminating drips, runs or spills. The resin systems for General Finishes Exterior 450 Topcoat and Milk Paint are the same. Low Luster Top Coat, 32 oz., with 3" High Density Foam Brush. Some contaminants, such as silicone, seep through finish into the wood and often cannot be removed. - Paint and Hammer, "My awesome customer who recently purchased my black farmhouse buffet wanted me to refinish her dining room table to match. Meet with General Finishes Reps Sara, . Containers that have been opened must be carefully resealed and kept upright to prevent leakage. Spray a wet coat of General Finishes Enduro-Var Gloss and dry for 2 hours. Pound the lid in placeusing a rubber mallet to avoid distorting the chime or lid. Not only does the color of a finish change over time, so does the wood. - Kristin Forbes Alternatively, place a flat piece of wood over can lid and firmly pound shut. Originally a low dresser from the 1960s, this piece is now versatile enough to fit in almost every room in your house. Arm-R-Seal can be used over Danish Oil, Linseed Oil & Tung Oil after they are dry. Do not induce vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel. *How Can I Reduce the Sheen of an Oil-Based Topcoat? 4. The bench base was painted in GF's Antique White Milk Paint and the top was stained with GF's Spiced Walnut Liquid Oil Based Wood Stain. - Home Sweet Vintage Painted Furniture. The top is done with GF Java Gel Stain & GF Wipe On Urethane. Remove fingerprints, cooking fumes and smoking residue with mild soap and water. Product Specs Coverage Area: 125 to 150. Add Bloxygen can. Clean the chime of the canthoroughly with a paper towel before closing to create a completeseal. Can't get enough of this drop dead gorgeous tiger oak dresser top! - Dianne Hunter. A liberal application will help you avoid streaks caused by back-brushing and pressure. I peeled off as much of the latex as I could and sanded the rest (including the original stain). I really like the way it turned out!! You have two options, and we recommend the first: We know of many customers that have achieved great results frombuffing Arm-R-Seal with auto polishes, providing that the finish has cured for 7 to 10 days. It was sealed with our favorite topcoat, GF High Performance water based Topcoat in Satin. *Is it safe to buff Arm-R-Seal with an auto polish? However, dried runs can be difficult to remove. Use an oil-free tack cloth to wipe off the powder. HIGH PERFORMANCEcan be brushed or sprayed. General finishes Gel Topcoat Satin is a heavy duty oil and urethane based top coat, which produces a beautiful hand rubbed quality finish. They are formulated to be wiped on with a cloth or applied with a foam brush, thus eliminating drips and sags. Arm-R-Seal rarely needs thinning due to its low viscosity. To accelerate dry time in humid conditions, work in a space with good ventilation and air movement. I applied enough to make it look wet, let it dry and applied another coat! Step 2: How To Apply General Finishes High Performance CAUTION: Do NOT use GF High Performance or any other clear coat, over white or light paints such as GF Milk Paint, or GF White Poly as it may cause yellowing. Adhesion failure is often more obvious in the deepest patterns of grain becausethe contamination is driven deep into the grain. Wash out mouth with water. General Finishes Arm-R-Seal Oil Based Topcoat Application Steps. Doesnt she exhibit natural beauty and warmth? Clear Gloss 350 VOC Oil-Based Interior Polyurethane for Floors: Pro Finisher 5 gal. Use over raw wood or dark paints. - A Life Refurbished. We gave this china cabinet a two-toned finish using General Finishes, Java Gel Stain and Persimmon. This may be why the finish is performing differently on the leaves vs the table top. Additional coats will not improve durability. My client had it 'restored' and the water and heat damage was still visible. The life of the product may be extended with proper care and storage. If you correct a run promptly, you will not see a mark. I fell in love with this piece and wanted to give it a modern spin, but keep the natural beauty of the wood. You can find your favorite GF products at Woodcraft, RockIer Woodworking stores or Wood Essence in Canada. Wipe down with water mixed with 5% Denatured Alcohol. - Blue & White Living Home Decor, 2016 Design Challenge Entry - Professionals Upcycled Furniture Learn How to Hand Distress General Finishes Milk Paint athttp://youtu.be/DQilIHtFxpY I painted the the frame with Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in 'Curio' & the inside, top, backsplash, drawer fronts & side slats got a good soaking of tinted Hemp Oil. Buttermilk Chalky Paint table base Painted in General Finishes Gulf Stream Blue with General finishes Antique Walnut Gel Stain and Gel Topcoat." General Finishes Arm-R-Seal Oil Based Topcoat, 1 Pint, Gloss Visit the General Finishes Store 2,144 ratings $2795 ($1.75 / Fl Oz) Size Name: 1 Pint 1 Gallon 1 Pint 1 Quart Color: Gloss Arm-R-Seal topcoats are made with only the highest quality urethane resin These topcoats are extremely durable and long lasting Keep container tightly closed and sealed until ready for use, in the original container. Artist's Note: The base was sealed in High Performance Topcoat and the top was sealed with wipe on Gel Topcoat." Haze (the technical term is blush)is caused by too many coats applied too quickly. The following products were used for this project: Lamp Black Milk Paint; Java Gel Stain; Gel Topcoat in Satin; High Performance "Eye catching nightstand set refinished in General Finishes Lamp Black Milk Paint. Dents in the lid from direct contact with a hammer can impair a complete seal. Remove dustwith a water-dampened cloth. (Add more time with subsequent coats. Top was stained in General Finishes Flint Liquid Oil Stain which I think compliments the paint color perfectly!" clear wax / Gf Gel Topcoat. Arm-R-Seal can be sprayed successfully, but we prefer hand application methods because it is very easy to spray too much in one area. General Finishes Arm-R-Seal Oil Based Topcoat, 1 Gallon, Gloss Visit the General Finishes Store 2,122 ratings -7% $8366 List Price: $89.95 Color: Gloss Size Name: 1 Gallon 1 Gallon 1 Quart 1 Pint See available options Arm-R-Seal topcoats are made with only the highest quality urethane resin These topcoats are extremely durable and long lasting I generally sand as much as I can while the project is on the lathe and then hand sand the finishing touches. Charming, charming and more charming! (Add more time with subsequent coats. Arm-R-Seal is General Finishes' premium oil-based urethane-alkyd topcoat for use on indoor wood projects. More, America's Leading Manufacturer of Innovative Water-Based Wood Finishes. Protect your workspace with a tarp, your hands with gloves, and your clothes with an apron. GF Java Gel stainedthe top This projectis a combination of a tile top table and a portable coaster. Apply directly to stained surface. Seal-A-Cell Clear for decades has served craftsman as the best way to get that "natural" look on beautiful woods that aren't to be stained. This might be the perfect piece for you! Avoid temperatures below 50F/10C or above 80F/26C. We always use a cutting board just as we would on a standard kitchen counter. - Blue & White Living Home Decor, "Refinished in my new favorite green Westminster Green, by General Finishes and General Finishes Pitch Black Glaze added. Its high-quality resins form a durable film with an amber tone that deepens with age. Clean up application materials and hands with mineral spirits orwaterless hand cleaner, like Goop or Gojo. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes and clean before reuse. Use a sufficient, but not overly thick, coat of finish. It was refinished with GF Antique Walnut Gel Stain and Gel Topcoat by Studio Paint_ of Fonthill, Ontario. Added legs to make it a little more modern and lighter and removed the dated glass. General Finishes High Performance Water-based Top Coat Satin, Quart Item #82321. Dry 12-24+ hours between coats when applying over raw or newly stained raw wood, and dry up 72+ hours between coats when working over asealed surface. Need some oil-based finishes inspiration? Liberon 0000 Steel Wool is a good choice for steel wool, as it does not shred as easily as the hardware store brands. Do not breathe vapor or mist. I just love the interior shelves and how the rough sawn markings are now exposed. Read more about this dresser by going to Suzanne's blog post athttp://bit.ly/2vtjMrC. This was a complete revival from head to toe for this jam cupboard. The unique oil and urethane resins provide deep penetration into the substrate and forms a hard, tough, beautiful finish resistant to household chemicals, water and mar. Use only with adequate ventilation. Wipe offthe excess evenly with the grain & with light pressure using a clean cloth or high-quality absorbent paper towel. - For The Love of Furniture and Home Design Viscosity: thick, 1000-2000 cPs. Flush eyes with water for 20+ minutes while lifting upper and lower eyelids. Enduro Professional Topcoats are thinner and intended to be sprayed. Simply wipe on, allow 5 minutes to penetrate and wipe off the excess. No more than 3 coats is recommended. The top has been sanded and stained using Walnut gel stain, sealed for durability with Gel Topcoat and dark wax." The custom color was created using blended layers of General Finishes Chalk Style Paints in Key West Blue, Bone White, and Summertime Blue to accent the beautiful bow front shape. Basically, all horizontal wood surfaces in a kitchen must be maintained, and will easily wear with high water use. This Molly childrens table and chairs is too sweet! The base of the table was painted my favorite black, General Finishes Lamp Black, and sealed for ultra durability." Oil-based topcoats require mineral spirits for cleanup. Can be applied by brush or roll. The use of a screwdriver can disfigure the rim and lid, impairing a complete seal. Although Arm-R-Seal rarely needs thinning because of its low viscosity, it can be thinned with up to 10% mineral spirits - more than that may thin the solids content too much. - Upcycling by Amy, "This drop leaf table has such a cool look to it, I knew it deserved a second chance at life but just needed some chairs to go with it! Seal-a-Cell is n unusual combination of oils and urethanes. Pry open sealed lids with a paint can opener by hooking under the lid's rolled edge. Do not store product in an attic, garage, in direct sunlight, or next toignition sourcewith heat and flames such as a furnace. Clean up spills with mineral spirits immediately while wet. Seal-A-Cell is best way to get the that "natural" look on beautiful woods that aren't to be stained. After staining, the drawers turned out splotchy. Gel Satin Topcoat has a thickconsistency, so there are no drips, or runs. Original hardware with key. "The White Oak used to make this dining set traveled half-way across the country from a custom sawmill in New York, owned and operated by Margaret Lieberts father. *How Do I Remove Loose Fibers That Got Caught In My Last Coat of Arm-R-Seal? It is essential to let the oil finish dry longer. - Newbac Designs, "This table had been previously stripped (you can see the old paint underneath) The top needed a coat of stain and top coat. Remove fingerprints, cooking fumes and smoking residue with mild soap and water. This curvy side table was refinished with GF Prairie Wheat Gel Stain and Gel Topcoat. This was a piece picked out from our warehouse by my almost sister-in-law, for her bedroom. General Finishes Arm-R-Seal Oil Based Topcoat, 1 Quart, Satin Visit the General Finishes Store 2,144 ratings $4195 ($1.31 / Fl Oz) Size Name: 1 Quart 1 Gallon 1 Pint 1 Quart Color: Satin Arm-R-Seal topcoats are made with only the highest quality urethane resin These topcoats are extremely durable and long lasting The use of a screwdriver can disfigure the rim and lid, impairing a complete seal. Excellent for use on cabin floor or salon tables. Loving gel stain in Candlelite! Gel Topcoat: Oil Based Urethane Gel Satin Topcoat has been a long-time favorite finish of woodworkers, with a heavy-duty oil-and-urethane base that produces a beautiful, hand-rubbed look. Cleanup For more information go to. http://bit.ly/1xCLHkp, "Solid Oak Honeycomb shelves. This item: General Finishes Oil Based Gel Topcoat, 1 Gallon, Satin $99.95 ($0.78/Fl Oz) General Finishes Oil Base Gel Stain, 1 Gallon, Java $120.00 ($0.94/Fl Oz) Bates Foam Paint Brushes, 16 Pack, 2 Inch, Sponge Brushes, Sponge Paint Brush $6.95 ($0.43/Count) conversion varnish satin armor seal satin enduro clear poly satin enduro clear poly Best Lumber & Hardware Online Store. We updated with general Finishes Java Gel on the top and Drawer and General Finishes Black gel on the sides. Menu. You can rub down the finish with 0000 steel wool and General Finishes Orange Oil to lower the sheen. All wood projects require preparation sanding before clear coating with a topcoat. - The Shabby Shack. Wear a mask and work in a well-ventilated spray booth. *What Topcoat Should I Use on Padauk Wood? Never use steel wool with water-based finishes. Scuff clean with a non-woven abrasive pad & 50:50 mix of denatured alcohol & water. Allow 21 days for a water-basedfinish to cure and 30 days for an oil-based finish to cure before cleaning. The elegant carvings on the sides are highlighted using silver "This beautiful buffet is refinished in General Finishes Lamp Black Milk Paint with distressing to highlight the details. Keep container tightly closed and sealed until ready for use, in the original container. Gel Satin Topcoat has a thick consistency, so there are no drips, or runs. Do not store product in an attic, garage, in direct sunlight, or next toignition sourcewith heat and flames such as a furnace. "I had had my eye on this dresser for a few months. You can also purchase GF products from any of the 31 Illinois JC Licht locations. Serendipity Refined says, "Java Gel Stain and Gel Topcoat: My "go to" products for professional looking results on furniture makeovers as well as new wood.". If oil-based finishes dry, they are difficult to clean off any surface, clothes or carpet. Mel & Mar Creations restyled this vintage cabinet with Lamp Black Milk Paint and Gel Topcoat with light distressing. Be sure to thoroughly clean the chimeand the lid of the canto assure a tight seal. Decant leftovers to a smaller, properly labeled container when thefinish is almost used up to reduce the volume of oxygen inthe container. Warm cherry stain barn doors. To remove the blush or haze, you can either wipe the area with a strong solvent, like xylene or lacquer thinner, or you can try sanding out the haze and then reapply the topcoat. *, COMPARE Paints, Glazes & Pigmented Topcoats, COMPARE Primers, Sanding Sealers & Undercoats, Water Based Finishes & Coatings For Professional, Industrial & OEM Use, Water Based Pigmented Top Coats, Paints, Glazes & Enamel, Water Based Sanding Sealers, Wood Primers, and Undercoats, Professional Water Based Wood Stains & Dye Stains, Enduro Ready to Match (RTM) Water Based Stain, Exterior Water-Based Wood Stains, Top Coats & Deck Oil, Water Based Extenders, Accelerators & Brush and Gun Cleaner, Fill Sticks -NEW Assortment Pack of 15 Color Groups, Touch Up Markers - NEW Assortment Pack of 15 Color Groups, Water Based Paints and Glazes for Cabinets, Millwork and Furniture, Water Based Stain Blocking Primers, Undercoats, & Sanding Sealers, High Performance Water Based Polyurethane Topcoat, Water Based Wood Stains, Dye Stain and Pre-Conditioners, Oil Based Wipe-on Stains, Pre-stain Conditioners & Sealers, Oil Based Urethane Gel & Liquid Wipe-on Top Coats, Fill Stick and Touch Up Marker Assortment Pack, Comparison of Oil Based Topcoats & Sealers, Step 2: How To Apply General Finishes Arm-R-Seal, Click here for a general guide to spray tip sizes, Read here for more information on spraying techniques. In fact, sometimes the friction heat of sanding will drive contaminants deeper into the grain. Any clear coat can become reactive over wood substrates or existing finishes causing tannin, stain or dye bleed-through. Dry-time before light use is 7-10 days. Using the Rockler Woodworking and Hardware box joint router jig to make the box joints and also using hinges from Rockler. General Finishes Arm-R-Seal Oil Based Topcoat, 1 Quart, Semi-Gloss Visit the General Finishes Store 2,139 ratings $3995 ($1.25 / Fl Oz) Size Name: 1 Quart 1 Gallon 1 Pint 1 Quart Color: Semi-Gloss Arm-R-Seal topcoats are made with only the highest quality urethane resin These topcoats are extremely durable and long lasting Unfortunately, even though you sanded the table down to raw wood, sanding alone will not remove this type of contamination. Abi figured out the issue and it sure turned out great! *Why did my remaining Arm-R-seal thicken in the can? - Home Sweet Vintage Painted Furniture. The body was sealed with General Finishes High Performance Top Coat (satin sheen). Bloxygen is an argon gas system that prevents oxygen and moisture from hardening leftover product. *Which General Finishes Products Would Work Best on a Restaurant Table? The Purple Painted Lady of Macedon, NY refinished it with General Finishes Java Gel Stain and sealed it with our Gel Top Coat. These 1970's Heritage side tables were freshened up with GF Chapin Gray Chalk Style Paint, Java Gel Stain, & Burnt Umber Glaze Effects by Suzanne Bagheri - The Painted Drawer Collection. This darling dining Room Table and Chair Set was refinished using General Finishes Pecan Liquid Oil Based Stain and Arm-R-Seal Top Coat. Formulated to be wiped on with a cloth or applied with a foam brush, this ambering finish penetrates to provide deep-down protection for that "natural" look.

33 Degree Latitude Line Of Tragedy, Escribir En Un Papel Y Quemarlo, Volvo Penta Repower Packages, How Is Trehalose Listed On Food Labels, Gippsland Print Award 2021, Articles G

general finishes oil and urethane topcoat