The Ron Burgundy Podcast: Hard Questions - YouTube Ron Burgundy: Host, Writer, Executive Producer. I think its high attentiveness at scale with partners that weve been able to maintain so far. Are you doing that math? Associate Producers: Anna Hossnieh and Sophie Lichterman. Credits:Ron Burgundy: Host, Writer, Executive ProducerCarolina Barlow: Co-Host, Writer, and Producer.Producers: Whitney Hodack, Jack OBrien, Miles Gray, and Nick StumpfExecutive Producer: Mike FarahConsulting Producer: Andrew SteeleAssociate Producer: Anna HossniehWriter: Jake Fog Ron is joined by a live band as he attempts to record a theme song for the Ron Burgundy Podcast. Im very interested in the derivative work potential of podcasts. The. Weve actually noticed in the last two or three months that its a very timely question for us at our businesses, because I feel like weve moved off the direct response business too fast. Youd be surprised actually, as much as it may sound nuts, the extent to which youre innovating by iterating many different reads, at many different lengths, and many different placements across a show. All I say to them is, This is no longer an experimental bucket of marketing. The iHeartPodcast Network is home to more than 800 iHeartPodcasts across a wide variety of genres, that span every category from business, sports, spirituality and technology to entertainment, family, comedy and true crime - and everything in between including leading podcasts such as "The Ron Burgundy Podcast," "Paper Ghosts . It has resisted this notion that a podcast episode is supposed to be 28 minutes long and have two ad breaks. Itd be like being able to walk away with your channel. Were going to build the podcast business by running Will Ferrell at you until youre sick of it, because we control that inventory and we control that distribution.. Was there ever the thought, Hey, as long as were getting listeners in the door and making these numbers go up, some of them will convert and stay? Its just a disconnect. Theyre killing it right now. iHeartMedia came along and offered us two or three things specifically. You have this relic now, that is a podcast limited series of what this language means to this guy and why he captured it in a podcast. Do you even talk to them, or are you just like, Screw it, take my RSS feed? When we launched The Ron Burgundy Podcast with Will Ferrell four years ago, we gave him a really big gross radio point push across broadcast radio. How do you tend to the things in the library that arent the celebrity shows? The Ron Burgundy Podcast - Google Podcasts I think weve said this publicly. Our business affairs team is busy and accounts for a lot of our growth. Thats good. I think our marketing team spends literally 95 percent of their time thinking about how to deploy what wed call house ads, and then maybe 5 percent of their time on paid marketing. See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information. You became the CEO of a formal division thats responsible for podcasts. We have this mantra: Any seller can sell anything any day of the week wherever they live and work.. The money you might get from overserving the Spotify audience or doing marketing on Spotify to get downloads does not necessarily result in the same return. Are you converting off the radio? It was a packed house and a great time. Credits:Ron Burgundy: Host, Writer, Executive ProducerCarolina Barlow: Co-Host, Writer, and Producer.Producers: Whitney Hodack, Jack O'Brien, Miles Gray . People were shouting questions at me as I walked through the halls. The Ron Burgundy Podcast - TopPodcast.com Hes like, How did you decide what youre going to do? I said, All I can tell you is, and this is where he rolls his eyes, is that the job I have, the industry I work in, didnt exist when I went to college. Ive listened to you in the past. If anything, were making that more of a focus and paying more attention to it in the last two or three months. A very special episode discussing the difficulties of bullying with a 10 year old girl. The third thing they let us do was have a sales team. If you were to just run the audio on YouTube, and say theres a YouTube audience here, its probably a very different return based on how that ad model works. The Ron Burgundy Podcast: With Will Ferrell, Carolina Barlow, Peter Dinklage, RuPaul. Our partnership with him is to monetize his shows better than he thinks he could himself, but to also co-produce a whole new slate of shows. Its actually a lot of different things. This is obvious at this point. One was just investment. The Front Page Podcast with George Gerbo Get the day's top stories in 5 minutes LISTEN: Asking good questions isn't anti-revival The Rebellion Podcast with Everett Piper Do the COVID shots . In this podcast, Ferrell discusses his opinions on various topics and shares his thoughts from Ron's point of view. Joe Rogan jabs Trump over 'Ron DeSanctimonious' nickname: 'Not a good one' Ill answer it this way. WARNING: This episode was haunted by a ghost. Stuff You Should Know is usually up in the 40s. Ron Burgundy! Yes. If you can never get enough true crime Congratulations, youve found your people. Maybe one day you will, but not today. Yes, we do that all the time. So I dont depend on it, but we have seen some traction there across 10, 12 shows getting optioned and its meaningful, with huge partners in Hollywood. If you just describe to me the constraints of any distribution platform, I can tell you what youre going to get. Thanks to Ariel who did an amazing job. Ron takes a stab at the most popular genre of his new chosen mediumthe True Crime podcast. Its the suspense for the org chart question. Will Ferrell reprises his role as Ron Burgundy in the world-famous Ron Burgundy Podcast! We have shows with video, like Stuff They Dont Want You to Know, and its awesome. It made it the medium that the internet promised creators it would give them but hadnt yet. What is your framework for making decisions? Some of their podcasts include "The Ron Burgundy Podcast" and "Chelsea Handler: Life will be the Death of Me." The deal also allows teams to do their own podcasts that can be distributed . Anchorman's Ron Burgundy has netted himself two 12-episode seasons of a new show, The Ron Burgundy Podcast. Ill give you an example of a show. i want to give the show two stars, but i cant because carolina is a siren and wont let me, also im pretty sure ron would put me on the list. Well, we have over $100 million a year in broadcast radio marketing. Do you worry that you dont have the same control? I can go on as long as I want.. We obviously have a podcast team, run by the president of the iHeart Podcast Network, Will Pearson. 1 on Apple Podcasts Top 200 in the opening weeks of both seasons 1 & 2. I just dont know that we at the NFL are going to get this as right as you guys might, as fast, and we want to partner with somebody really big. Its a very similar model to Pushkin Industries. You dont? Ultimately, I think Discovery did the right thing by leaning into more of a streaming strategy for their digital media. It has been fun, if nothing else. You walk into a holdco in New York and youll say, I know were going to talk about podcasting today. The elevator drops & Ron gives his review of The Cheesecake Factory: Just after deciding to move forward with the podcast, the elevator suddenly drops several floors. I dont see a reason. Its back to the org chart a little bit with this. Will Ferrell reprises his role as Ron Burgundy in the world-famous Ron Burgundy Podcast! I understand where we sit in the pecking order in terms of cume. Its finally arrived. Carolina Barlow: Co-Host, Writer, and Producer. No, because podcasting is a decentralized medium insofar as its distribution is concerned. I just need answers.. They want to do a really good job. 246 episodes totalling 170 hours, 51 minutes. So of course I asked Conal about that and lots more. In true Ron Burgundy fashion, these conversations have a tendency to go off the rails, and we find out things about people we never . How have you arranged iHeart Digital? Sure we are. To be clear though, theres a whole lot of fluidity between these segments. When you pay for a subscription on most platforms, and you receive a podcast that somebody else is piping into that platform through an RSS feed, nothing has changed about it. This may be debatable, and may feel like an affront to a lot of folks in the room who live and breathe podcasting as an original medium. But I have learned firsthand and talked a lot about the extent to which broadcast radio talent has honed this craft of conversation over the last hundred years and certainly the last few decades, and the extent to which that has driven our medium, just sheer talent hitting the medium, but also with an awareness of the medium. Fast, cheap, and good. Will Ferrell reprises his role as Ron Burgundy in the world-famous Ron Burgundy Podcast! What ensues is a genuinely improvised and authentic conversation filled with laughter and newfound knowledge to feed the SmartLess mind. Up or down on NFTs? What is the audio drama today? Thats a meeting I want to go to. We do talk to them. Hes fantastic. Those three things let us go from 2018 to 2028 in our own trajectory almost overnight. Big Money Players and iHeartPodcasts. It hasnt yet hit this moment of reverse-engineering from the platforms its on. That wasnt possible prior. Its incredibly collaborative. His last remarks drew laughter and claps from co-workers. This is what they do really well. Inside iHeartMedia, its an audio company. I talk to a lot of startup CEOs, and a lot of them who get acquired by big companies. We have an app of our own. Menu. Each episode has a different theme in which Ron engages in conversation with another notable person on the topic at hand. In fact, well distribute it on broadcast radio, and so we did. The Ron Burgundy Podcast - podcasts.google.com Well do standard, straight-up, quick-turn, host-read ads. The 9 Most Popular Houseplants of 2023, According to Pros I dont have this concern in the same way I had it when I was writing text-based articles for HowStuffWorks.com 20 years ago or when I was focused on social and digital video at Discovery Communications. So if you could just bring back the old format that would be great. iHeartRadio, through its broadcast radio stations, reaches nine out of 10 Americans a month. Its good content. You always do if youre running a startup. I know Im sort of recapping the obvious, but this was an inflection point in our whole industry, that you suddenly had big brands and sometimes big holdcos swooping in and wanting to invest in podcasting. Do you know how hard it is to make a mass-reach medium, that 80 million Americans a week are like, Im going to do that today? The short answer is, no, were growing. I know that sounds like, eh, its kind of boring. Its not for them, its a multi-billion-dollar business, so I want to be more a part of that. Its worked for them for 10, 15 years. Is radio the upsell on podcasting for you? To try to help with this, iHeart, the multi-platform group, built a product called smart audio thats really cool. Its an audio medium. The medium. Everywhere we distribute to today and candidly, where the lions share of our listening happens is on platforms that are all created equal in terms of the economics that flow back to the publisher, in this case, iHeart. I think Im being conservative with how much of their time is spent on, How do I deploy billions of impressions of house ads a month?. Its just like life. Credits:Ron Burgundy: Host, Writer, Executive ProducerCarolina Barlow: Co-Host, Writer, and Producer.Producers: Whitney Hodack, Jack OBrien, Miles Gray, and Nick StumpfExecutive Producer: Mike FarahConsulting Producer: Andrew SteeleAssociate Producer: Anna HossniehWriter: Jake FogelnestProduction Supervisor: Colin Ma Ron and guest RuPaul countdown the top 10 women of all time. The Ron Burgundy Podcast. How do you think about audience acquisition then? Are they yours if theyre subscribed in Spotify? This is a must-buy bucket of marketing. Ron hires a new co-host. This one was definitely very real. Burgundy Rubber Tree (Ficus elastica) Plants with dramatic foliage have continued to evolve as an ongoing houseplant trend, and that won't change for 2023. Radio and podcasting have very different constraints. The broadcaster, 65, who has spent nearly 16 years at the news channel, said . Josh and Chuck have you covered. Im like, They dont need to be if they dont want to be. To answer your other question, if this industry were to wholly move to a platform like Facebook or YouTube, its a different platform. There are iHeartRadio streaming channels that show up on your electronic programming guide on Roku. In the tech world, this is a common situation. i believe, an audio podcast mixed with a live audience, is a not a good mix. Will Ferrell reprises his role as Ron Burgundy in the world-famous Ron Burgundy Podcast! Montgomery Co. police seize 250 fentanyl pills in traffic stop, find For sure, we deserve and need it. I feel like you have a very strong conviction, so I feel like I might know how youre going to answer this, but I do ask everybody this. Thats driven most of our growth in podcasting over the last two, three, four years at the company. Yes, of course we are. To some extent, you kill creativity and true innovation when you start to reverse-engineer what an asset should be for the content platform its going to be distributed on. The only reason we have that number is because of broadcast radio marketing. Youre saying, Oh, theres a seamless back and forth, but surely you must see, Oh, okay. Yeah, youre right. Do you convert people to Apple Podcast or to Spotify? Its a great question, because Ive been on both sides of that. Aside from "True Romance", Carolina also co-hosts "The Ron Burgundy Podcast," with the on-screen Ron Burgundy himself, Will Ferrell. Carolina Sums Up The Whole Podcast (The Ron Burgundy Podcast) Funny Or Die 3.5M subscribers Subscribe 288 Share 40K views 3 years ago Listen to the full episode here: https://ihr.fm/2WcbhiE. The tales he unfolds and his interview with a criminal psychologist are positively bone chilling. Ron plans an interview with Alex Rodriguez, and takes his cooking skills to the next level with Jon & Vinny. Ron Burgundy is going live in the next season of his iHeartMedia podcast. All of the distribution points that we distribute to today through RSS feeds are equal to us in terms of the money we make, because thats just how RSS feeds work. IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. Ron takes a stab at the most popular genre of his new chosen mediumthe True Crime podcast. Exorcising some demons in Rons man cave. Glass-walled conference rooms where they just come up with funnier promo codes?

Sims 4 Shaders, Turnblad Mansion Floor Plan, South Sioux City Football Coach, Somerset County Maine Police Log, Articles I

is the ron burgundy podcast over