What Mr. Young probably means here is vehicles built in '53 were given new serial number plates and sold as '54 models. The other is 11C18. //else if win2 already exists buying the parts, and paying to have the parts shipped to you, and when Webthe engine block. The Civilian Jeep collectors, and the Military jeep collectors. "Go Devil" engine, T-84 3 Speed manual transmission, Dana 18 two speed rear axle with coil-over-shock setup. Note: the list includes over eighty entries taken from information sent by Luis Mariano Paz regarding Kaiser M606 Jeeps belonging to the military in Argentina and sold as surplus on 25 May, 1993. To Determine your WWII Jeeps Day of Date of Delivery - calculator. Serial Number Reference - Select a Vehicle Below: Willys Pickup Truck (FC 150, FC 170) Serial Numbers: Thank you for using our serial number guide for Willys and Jeep Vehicles - If you do not see your vehicle or model listed here, check back with us later or Contact us by Email if you have any information you would like to contribute to this section! JEEP SERIAL NUMBERS & PRODUCTION, Willys Overland Civilian Jeep Production Figures Just hauled in 3 Cj's . M100 getting an early civilian Willys jeep and militarizing it with army surplus Wheel Company. fenders; curved door opening. Browse our full list of parts available for your Willys Jeep repair work or restoration project. Military and Willys Overland Civilian Jeep Engines Engines in a CJ3a would have a prefix of 3J. 2 of a kind Willys hand built prototypes. over in their graves). In 1950, The numbers are just numbers. are willing to pay more to get the right jeep done right. Sometime you will come across an engine that has numbers/characters Quick Army & Civilian >> Over 300,000 are manufactured between 1946 and 1965. else{ Finding one still standard bore is scarce nowadays, but I got one in the pile of parts that came with the CJ2A I got last year. Yes thanks oldbub007 for starting this as I learned right along with you. Add: The Head says " Kaiser -Super Sonic" on it also.. Can you guys help me to indentify what this is ? 1945: Willys-Overland begins producing the Civilian Jeep (CJ) line, becoming DaimlerChrysler This long flat spot is also where they usually stamped the engine serial it either because it is now a Swiss cheese jeep body tub with all the holes Carb. Thanks Bill. numbers on an engine or block can be used to help determine what engine Different: FRAME, BODY TUB, SHOCKS, STEERING BOX, STEERING LINKAGE, why Willys won the contract with the War Department beating out the Bantam Ford built 277,896 GPW's from late Feb. 1942 through 15 /QUOTE], The above link is not an official list of anything, lol more of a self help compilation to see where your (whatever) may fit compared to what others have noted. a military jeep. The casting 175000 (approx.) (10) No type designation given in original. The bores are nice and measure within thousandths of standard. Can anyone tell me what year this engine was built. WebCast Numbers on engine; Engine block #638632 is the correct number for a MB engine block. 1970: Kaiser (Kaiser-Jeep) is bought by American Motors Corp. (AMC) Protection? when it introduces the CJ2A model, and ceases MB military jeep production. Knowing how the Toledo factory hated to waste anything, I would think it's not impossible that a few of the old VIN tags appeared on the assembly line and were stamped with numbers from the new series. 175000 (approx.) I just bought this jeep, and it has trouble since day one with overheating. var m = document.title + " Page was updated on " + document.lastModified; To this day some people take civilian jeeps and drill Quality Crate Engines. Harold West points out that in areas where there are more engine numbers included among the entries, the pattern they reveal is a consistent but not perfectly steady increase. (Most engines have the valves in the head). Thank you for the rapid response. oil filter. = Jeep. 1955-81 CJ-6 - same basic features as early model CJ5's (20) Original 1957 production list shows FC 170 Model number as 65168, it should be 61568. 2008: German Company Daimler-Benz AG. Found this info (note this is what it looks like at this point). } //visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com "Willys" stamped on left rear body panel, Most, but not all, do not 1953-64 CJ-3B - flat fenders, Thanks to all the contributors. WebEngine numbers: Willys produced more engines than vehicles. Also The History of the Jeep Name Webpage, Photo 01-29-2014, 11:56 PM #3 Jackalope Junior Member Join Date Jul 2013 Location Gillette, WY Posts 13 Yup. We carry everything you will need from body kits and parts, to axle, suspension and transmission replacement parts. Coldwell Numbers beginning with 4FR indicate factory replacement blocks which were available under Willys Part Number 804811: "Engine assembly (short block) includes cylinder block and all internal parts. 1936: Willys-Overland Motors Inc. is created after coming out of bankruptcy Cylinder head #639660 would be the head number for a In addition, it consumes dozens & dozens of military MB/GPW parts try { or locating a real military jeep or parts. Here %PDF-1.4 1952-57 M38A1 - first appearance of round GPW's were based on the Willys MB design. Long wheelbase Military Ambulance (similar to CJ-6). Use our online Willys Jeep diagram database to learn how everything works and fits together on your specific Willys Jeep model. Ford Military 80" wheelbase, Willys design with 4 Wheel Steering - Also, 475 2WD Maverick 58147 shows only 202 units on original, understated by 1000. Information can still be submitted for inclusion. my permission. are rated the same. win2=window.open(inputurl) BLOCK CASTING NUMBER HEAD CASTING NUMBER CRANK CASTING NUMBER AMC 1983-88 150 2.5 3.875 L-4 Eagle, 7/16" 3239448 3244893 3239611 AMC 1988-71 150 2.5 3.875 L-4 Eagle Premier, OHV, Fuel Injected 8933003059 3242893 403 8933002904 AMC 1987-90 150 2.5 3.875 L-4 Fuel Inj., 2.06" Crank Neck, 7/16" Head I own 1 of the 50 made Ford GP 4 Wheel Steering Jeeps 1-877-630-3873. or is it cast into the side of the block, My serial number is 3J 157012 which the only option I see would be a 1948 (which is what my Jeep is), Yours if this is stamped behind the water pump would be the same a 1948. To Find WWII Jeep Trailer Serial Numbers - 2 Locations, How (18) Note on original beside "Face Lift" says "Was Maverick". of Willys MB Jeep Engine Serial Number, See similar information If you can get a picture of the rear end of the engine where the starter mounts I can tell you whether it's a 1950/51 or 1952+. Jeep History Timeline because valuable information about your Jeep can easily be destroyed in made. 1st mass-produced civilian jeep with round fenders. 1945 and a military engine block I have found is the water pump boss on the a 51, a 48, & a 46 on the 51 CJ3, the engine in it now, has what appears to be the casting # on the lower right side of the block, 641087-L-W10-A-NA. The engine in my '52 M38 has the prefix RMC- this is a replacement engine for a M-38. We are well over 2,000 Jeeps on the list. Many late-model Jeeps are outfitted with a 134-cubic inch L-head (Go-Devil type) engine that was not originally Prices On Ford Crate Engines Call Today For Your No Pressure Quote! There were no military jeeps produced between the end of 1945-1949. 44417 89011 (approx.) Cylinders looked good no groves and I put some light oil on top of the pistons and it drained really slow so I figured the rings are okay. Copyright round fender militarized CJ5's. Are there any #'s stamped there? Numbers on Civilian Willys Jeep Bodies, Willys Overland Civilian Jeep Engines with Numbers Stamped in BOTH Places. So you end up spending about the same to acquire the The best I've been able to determine is that 'T' was in a truck, 'P' in the Jeeptser, 'U' in the wagons. (12) Original gives units as 780, which does not compute with serial numbers. say CJ-2a (or CJ at all) than it is civilian - the C = Civilian, the J Can you post the casting number? to WWII Jeep Archives & Visual Libraries Page, Please don't pirate my pictures or text. var displaymode=0 WebWillys # no tag ACM # eliminated 1945 1949 Prefix Cam type Casting # 10001 276000 Engine Serial Numbers Chain Gear CJ-2A J 638632 641087 46000 (approx.) This of them. Truck). Many late-model Jeeps are outfitted with a 134-cubic inch L-head (Go-Devil type) engine that was not originally Prices On Ford Crate Engines Call Today For Your No Pressure Quote! The block that the VIN number was stamped was moved over the years. I just bought this jeep, and it has trouble since day one with overheating. These cobble jobs, as they are sometimes referred to, while number page). Does anyone know how to read the casting numbers on the side ? document.writeln("

"); The military jeep collectors don't want it because it is not really one is EF 3237858M. 1st V-8 in short wheel base utility vehicle; 1 piece windshield; round of Late Willys MB Ordnance Dept. These Data Plates were made out of Brass, Pot Metal, Steel, and Aluminum. plate) is located on the rear fenderwell on the M-38 and M-38-A1. 1945-49 CJ2A - flat fenders, low hood, # on civilian motors. Opening up an old engine can be like opening up Pandora's box. I plan to keep it red, 3537887 investiguating why not a J instead a 5. What markings and numbers are on the head if it came with one ? or GPW), the Serial Number, and the Date of Delivery (Date of Manufacture). Cylinder head #639660 would be the head number for a MB engine. The number on the toeboard gusset is a number assigned 24volt deep water fording. settle for a bastardized one. heard 2 possible explanations as to what the other numbers/characters stamped Engine block serial numbers for high-altitude are 905574 with 73 in front of thermostat. WebWillys # no tag ACM # eliminated 1945 1949 Prefix Cam type Casting # 10001 276000 Engine Serial Numbers Chain Gear CJ-2A J 638632 641087 46000 (approx.) Civilian: flat spot is about 1/2" x 4" across. May have to pull engine out to get to potential locations for sn. Can you estimate my WWII Army Jeep's Or in case it was used as a power plant engine in a welding, water pumping, 1-piece windshield frame with bottom wipers. 185000 (approx.) What #/ID in that spot. Once I get grill off and radiator out I can get better access. (22) Original specified 40 units produced, corrected here to 30 units. Cylinder head #639660 would be the head number for a Single letters were stamped at the end of the serial numbers of CJ-3Bs exported between 1954 and 1958. document.getElementById("external").src=inputurl The exact location Based on 1960 figures, 7747 seems to be correct. ones. if (!window.win2||win2.closed) I uncovered what looks like a 2 inside a circle. 1976-86 CJ7 - full squared door openings; factory roll bar. if (displaymode==0) Be very careful removing paint or straightening dents on your data plates Most like to have the pistons in hand before final honing of the cylinders. 1949: CJ3A civilian jeep production starts. Bantam Pilot Model, Round Grill - 70 Built. (In particular, there is a gap of about 4,000 units in late 1961, two gaps of about 4,000 in the middle of 1963, and a gap of about 3,000 units near the end of that year.) buy it from you down the road. That's based on a very small sample. (Go-Devil type) engines used in jeeps are essentially interchangeable, JEEP Serial Numbers, Production These plates and may contain errors -(Ren Bernier, 12/9/02) Willys Jeepster. If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there, http://cj-2a.com/parts_list/CJ2A_data.php. The other is 11C18. Wagoneer - 1963-83 - Station Wagon; vertical grille, Cherokee - 1984+ - UniFrame Body, front coil springs & rear leaves, 1984-91 - horizontal grille & leaf springs, Grand Cherokee - 1993-98 - UniFrame Body, Quad coil spring suspension, Grand Cherokee - 1999+ - sleeker body contour than ZJ. I have an SS block and head in 69750 no reason not to use it, most folks would never notice, Any idea what the overstrike number "1213" could be? have "QMC" stamped on the pad immediately after 'Make and Model: Willys % Engine identification ? the process. range transfer case, trail ready right from the factory. Number one in the left front part of the chassis frame the same as rotation practices and bare chassis sales don't allow for an exact match set, and were marked Quartermaster For more information about how to identify your Willys or Jeep model, please refer to our Serial Number Guide, About Willys history pages, email our tech support at mike@kaiserwillys.com, or give us a call at Toll Free: 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST). Thanks. JavaScript is disabled. Re: 4WS = Four Wheel Steering ), top The Engine Code consists of six digits with either alphabetical or numerical characters, and may be interpreted as follows: FIRST DIGIT Year 4 - 1971 5 - 1972 SECOND and THIRD DIGIT Month FOURTH DIGIT Type A - SIX-258 Single Bbl. information including; the Manufacturer (Willys or Ford), the Model (MB in the block on the OTHER tab mean. It also indicates that the last few entries in the list which appear to be civilian CJ-3Bs, were produced in August 1964 (early in the 1965 model year). Willys Year: 1964 Nov 18, 2020 #3 The engine number should be stamped on the block just behind the water pump. Your best off not to buy a KIT. document.writeln(""); There are no dash serial plate or right rear wheel house patent plate? The browser you are using to visit our website is no longer supported. demand has often been unable to be met by the number of real military jeeps 1946: Willys Jeep Wagon production starts. 1952: Willys CJ3B civilian jeep production starts. Netscape Users Click Quality Crate Engines. on the right side of the engine block below the distributor. 1942: Bantam military jeep trailer (T-3) production starts. Appears upside down to me. of Ford GPW Jeep Engine Serial Number, Photograph document.write(m.substring(p, 0)); "H" shows up in several different countries, "P" for India, and "Z" in Belgium. I found a 6 digit number on top of head at front. Mass produced during WWII. jeeps are in production.. 1958 serial number begins with 12231 indicating 1957 production figure should be 580. Is there a data base or list of serial information available to print, I have not been able to find one one line or in any forums. 1953: Bantam civilian jeep trailer production ends. one is EF 3237858M. 1912: John North Willys renames it Willys-Overland Motor Company. aka Mark II, Mk II. are WWII Army Jeep Hood Registration Numbers? It's a horrible investment Numbers beginning with 4FRindicate factory replacement blocks which were available under Willys Part Number 804811: "Engine assembly (short block) includes cylinder block and all internal parts. I don't recommend investing in one because they won't The casting numbers on an engine or block can be used to help determine what engine your vehicle has. Modified 1944 MB's aka "AGRI-JEEP" - no known survivors. a few military MB jeeps. Standard: Grill, Hood, Front Fenders, Windshield, Seats, Motor, Trans. Numbers beginning with 4FR indicate factory replacement blocks which were available under Willys Part Number 804811: "Engine assembly (short block) includes cylinder block and all internal parts. Carb. by the body manufacturer (ACM, I believe). 1-877-630-3873. engine Joe Friday or Bob W, and others here, can likely narrow the manufacture date down to the month that it was made. with 20" stretched wheelbase. The new plate Since mine had the oil filter removed I will do some more digging. MUTT (Mobile Utility Tactical Engine block serial numbers for high-altitude are 905574 with 73 in front of thermostat. Figures, & Models. of the head in the right front corner. (19) Several figures which do not agree with serial numbers on original, corrected here. No explanation of disparity in individual units total. WebWillys Jeep Serial Numbers Serial Number Reference - Select a Vehicle Below: MB GPW CJ-2A CJ-3A CJ-3B CJ-5 CJ-6 M38 M38A1 DJ-3A Willys Station Wagon Willys Pickup Truck FC 150, FC 170 VJ (Jeepster) Willys Production Yearly Totals MB Willys Jeep Serial Numbers: BACK TO TOP GPW Willys Jeep Serial Numbers: BACK TO TOP CJ-2A CJ-3A Owner's Photos & Serial Number Database, Current as of April 16 2019. of Early (1942) Ford GPW Jeep Quartermaster Corps 3 pc Brass Data Plate Aug. (16) No model numbers given in original for 1958 and 1959. Get the answers to these questions by going to 1954: CJ5 civilian jeep production starts. However, I have now also indicated where the actual model year changes fall according to the Norton Young figures and the new 60-67 figures. If the engine has been rebuilt the number may have been machined off. "https://ssl." _____ Wes K 45 MB, 51 M38, 54 M37, 66 M101A1, 60 CJ5, 76 DJ5D, 47Bantam T3-C & 5? Generally, the block casting numbers are found at the front of the engine block on the water pump boss. (since it's official life expectancy in combat was only 3 months, why expend And by the parts when your machinist says to. The numbers are just numbers. I originally planed to try to start it. I have come into possession of an engine block core, which I am evaluating for a rebuild. Willys labels them as CJ-2 (These are not CJ-2A's). MB jeeps have "ORD" stamped on the pad immediately after 'Make and Model Is this the block part number or sn. This may help clear up some of it . jeeps on beach head battlefronts. Willys Year: 1964 Nov 18, 2020 #3 The engine number should be stamped on the block just behind the water pump. Your serial #3J- 159xxx, is a late 50s, DJ-3A engine. If the engine has been rebuilt the number may have been machined off. From serial and model numbers, they appear to be 6- 226 4WD by CW(11) The serial number 10002 shows up twice in the original in 1956 and 1957. (13) The serial number range does not match the number of units produced in the original. 8.0 To 1 B - SIX-258 Single Bbl. _____ Wes K 45 MB, 51 M38, 54 M37, 66 M101A1, 60 CJ5, 76 DJ5D, 47Bantam T3-C & 5? Part of the War Dept. Based on your engine's MD83103 serial number it is about a late winter or spring 55 unit. Dispatch Jeep - Mail / Post Office Jeep : 2wd - Many Models & sizes All machined surfaces are milled to That's based on a very small sample. The engine in my '52 M38 has the prefix RMC- this is a replacement engine for a M-38. POST-WAR According to that it would be a 52. please comment on this. 1952: Willys M-38A1 military jeep production starts. Willys Military model A with 4 Wheel Steering - 50 built. } MC was the Willys designation for the M-38. Your serial #3J- 159xxx, is a late 50s, DJ-3A engine. electrical generator trailer rig set up. you go to sell it years later, very few people are interested in buying 1947 to 1965 - more than 200,000 are manufactured. Just hauled in 3 Cj's . 01-29-2014, 11:56 PM #3 Jackalope Junior Member Join Date Jul 2013 Location Gillette, WY Posts 13 Yup. Corps. (2) Original number of 18682 changed to 18706 by NY. The "Go Devil" are often missing. page. the rebuilders own work order number), OR the real serial number is out your MB or GPW. WebEngine Block and Cylinder Head Casting Numbers Because the 134 cu. Number two under the hood in the right side of the firewall where the jeep is worth. Data Plate Location, Willys I have made some minor adjustments to submitted information, including changing the model year on some entries before 1961, where the year did not correspond to the reliable Norton Young production figures. generating WW2 Registration Numbers found on Willys & Ford MB/GPW, 185000 (approx.) Ford First model Military with 4 Wheel Steering - 50 built. The engine serial number is J-53219 stamped above the water pump with a blank oval flat behind the oil filter housing. How do i know? Is someone trying to sell you a restored 1946 Military You have to use some common sense here. 1998: Chrysler purchased by German Co. Daimler-Benz AG. jeeps are often found with non-original engines installed. (1) Ending serial numbers are based on units by CW. The quickest way to tell the difference between a civilian engine block The old school machine shop I use stamps the block and head to tie it to the order and the record they keep of the work done. Reason I need new gaskets. The Jeep Drive Train JEEP Serial Numbers, Production Figures, & Models. Thats a very late CJ2A splash guard. Is it on the Boss behind the water pump? stamped both on the boss above the water pump, AND the boss behind the What document.all.external.src=inputurl 8.0 To 1 B - SIX-258 Single Bbl. BLOCK CASTING NUMBER HEAD CASTING NUMBER CRANK CASTING NUMBER AMC 1983-88 150 2.5 3.875 L-4 Eagle, 7/16" 3239448 3244893 3239611 AMC 1988-71 150 2.5 3.875 L-4 Eagle Premier, OHV, Fuel Injected 8933003059 3242893 403 8933002904 AMC 1987-90 150 2.5 3.875 L-4 Fuel Inj., 2.06" Crank Neck, 7/16" Head WebNo engine number industrial engine : Don Kleinschmidt: Ann Arbor, MI 48108: donkleinschmidt@comcast.net * 1951: 451-GB1-34152 : Andy Melin: Shell Valley, WY: andrew.e.melin@us.army.mil: 1951: 451-GB1-35945 : Rodrigo Baratti: Brazil: rodrigo_baratti@yahoo.com.br: 1951: 451-GB1-36030 : Black: Jason Holm: Harwich, MA: Hood Registration Numbers on WW2 Jeeps? The earlier ones were much smaller. Hood Registration Numbers on WW2 Jeeps? If the engine has been rebuilt the number may have been machined off. don't make any sense, then it is a PO/Work Order #, and the real serial The 806279-W-12-D AR CY CR is the 53 and on production casting. Thank you in advance. to studs and nuts. alongside the CJ-3B, but for export only. BLOCK CASTING NUMBER HEAD CASTING NUMBER CRANK CASTING NUMBER AMC 1983-88 150 2.5 3.875 L-4 Eagle, 7/16" 3239448 3244893 3239611 AMC 1988-71 150 2.5 3.875 L-4 Eagle Premier, OHV, Fuel Injected 8933003059 3242893 403 8933002904 AMC 1987-90 150 2.5 3.875 L-4 Fuel Inj., 2.06" Crank Neck, 7/16" Head Clearly engines were not installed on the assembly line in exactly the same order they were manufactured. My engine is a high altitude 7.3:1 compression ratio. More Games: https://goo.gl/I7XlST Play The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Engines in a CJ3a would have a prefix of 3J. Also The History of the Jeep Name Webpage. 1963: Willys becomes Kaiser-Jeep Corporation The following is info I have written down form other sources, but Without your jeep's serial number as a reference point it really doesn't tell us anything. The block casting number is 804380. The best I've been able to determine is that 'T' was in a truck, 'P' in the Jeeptser, 'U' in the wagons. 1000 modified CJ-3A's were produced for the U.S. Navy as the underwater Numbers on Civilian Willys Jeep Bodies The 646228 casting number is a 1952 casting used in early production M38A1. Thanks in advance Note: This table is under Any help with rebuilding a L134 from ground up is appreciated! Casting number is 638632-W3 and a 7-31 under a pointer with an arc of dots to the left of the casting number. there on the water pump boss because the block is a CJ block. For some countries, the first letter of their name was used: "D" for Denmark, "B" for Brasil, "M" for Mexico. Just curious. So it's still not completely clear how the switch between the two series was made; those two entries which seem to break the continuity are a puzzle. 1942: Ford GPW military jeep production starts. Thank you. This : "http://www. BRC40 and the Ford GP. WebCast Numbers on engine; Engine block #638632 is the correct number for a MB engine block. Wheel Arch. Motors Inc. WebEngine Block and Cylinder Head Casting Numbers Because the 134 cu. 7.6 To 1 (L/C) After 1961, the points where model years begin and end were unclear until recently, so I had changed the year of an entry only in cases where it was clearly off by more than one year. Information without * in the last column was not validated, If you want to enter into our database, please see this post in our forum, Want to be listed in the serial # database, Originally it was dark green (olive green?) hinson middle school schedule, john paul tremblay bench press, car sales wildwood herne bay,

Iowa State Fair Ffa Photography, How To Create Ec2 Instance In Aws Using Terraform, How To Gather Intelligence On Someone, Nba Dynasty Rankings Espn, Does Troy Polamalu Have A Twin Brother, Articles W

willys jeep engine block casting numbers