Yvonne Strahovski in I, Frankenstein (2014). Yvonne Strahovski was born in Sydney in 1982 to Polish immigrant parents. Years later, she admitted that she regretted this decision. Serena Joy is dark, caring, and terrible. In the TV series Chuck, her character occasionally speaks Polish, in a sexy accent. It was a very big decision for me. Im not quite sure how I did it. In 2007, she made her big screen debut in Gone (2006). Really? She says, sounding surprised. Yvonne is in it for the art. She gained immense appreciation for playing the protagonist CIA Agent Kate Morgan in 24: Live Another Day (2014). She, Loden and William all went to Canada to shoot just a few weeks after the birth. "If it was now, I probably wouldn't have done itif everyone could get past Schwarzenegger and learn how to say that then surely they can learn how to say my name as well," she said onCollider Ladies Night. "So, I was always envisioning him, growing inside of me, separate in this safety bubble that nothing could touch," she says. Photo: Ben Trivett. 73. Yvonne Strahovski cannot complain about the lack of work at the moment. "We ended up jumping into the lake in our suit and gown to cool down. The two actors first started working together in 2007 when they joined the cast of the hit NBC show, which ran for a . After "Chuck," Yvonne Strahovski remained active in Hollywood, working as a voice actor for video games, like the "Mass Effect" series and "The 3rd Birthday," and starring in several films, including "Killer Elite" (2011) and "The Guilt Trip" (2012). I come from an Australian Middle Eastern background Syrian and Sudanese, and we do not camp, says Stambouliah, who moved to LA for her own career four years ago. Apparently he wanted the actress to adopt a more English-sounding nickname. And they are all tall, blonde and beautiful.) Yvonne Strahovski's decision to be selective about the roles she accepts has paid off. I mean, that's really all I could do.". She looks what she is an Eastern European. Weight in Pounds: 130 pounds. Yvonne Strahovski - biography, photo, age, height, personal life, news Look for his name in just about any article related to Batman. She doesnt have assistants, she doesnt do red carpets, she doesnt have anything extraneous in her life. Even the sadistic, unimaginably cruel Aunt Lydia is not lost to all humanity (though admittedly, at times its hard to tell). The show was co-produced by Cate Blanchett, who contacted Strahovski about playing the lead character, air steward Sofie Werner (a character based on the real-life case of Cornelia Rau, who was unlawfully detained at the Baxter detention centre while suffering a mental illness). I really do understand her I feel for her, I can justify everything shes done. Yvonne Strahovski was born in Sydney, Australia; as Vogue reported, her parents were Polish immigrants. Ive been on the blower to her, and shes going, Im being offered Playboy well, not Playboy, but you know, all those Sexiest Women in the World things and shes like, No, says Stambouliah. Yvonne Strahovski Net Worth. A few days earlier, I spent five hours doing international round-table Zoom interviews in the middle of the night with many cast members of Handmaid, and it was striking how snappily and self-consciously the actors were dressed: Amanda Brugel, who plays Rita, spoke from her pink bedroom in Toronto wearing a brightly patterned dress with big mutton-leg sleeves that made the French journalist from MadmoiZelle, disregarding all Zoom press-call conventions, cry, I love your outfit!, This morning, Strahovskis indifference to her image seems in part the carefree confidence of the extremely good-looking (I dont give a damn what my hair is doing, because I know I always look fabulous) and in part a rejection, conscious or not, of the blonde-bombshell stereotype shes carried her entire career. Strahovski is best known for her roles as CIA Agent Sarah Walker in the NBC spy drama series 'Chuck' and Hannah McKay in the Showtime drama series 'Dexter'. $12 Million. All along, the blonde beauty stereotype kept raising its head, making life both easier and more difficult. I remember giving her the biggest compliment you can give an actor: You disappeared. Shortly afterwards, she landed her first role on television in an episode of Double the Fist: Fear Factory (2004). The Truth About Yvonne Strahovski's Family - TheList.com After her acting success, they moved to the US to be near her. But she just said, No, Im going to wait. Which was quite scary for someone whos a workaholic. Ironically, during her second season of playing the infertile wife, she became pregnant with her first child and initially attempted to separate that from her performance, until it became the perfect inspiration for her character's arc in Season 3. Around that time, producers asked the actor to consider changing her name to something that was easier to pronounce. Please refresh the page and try again. Yvonne Strahovski grew up in Australia in a Polish household Instagram Despite her flawless American accent heard in the works she has become known for, Yvonne Strahovski is an Aussie and. They had apparently already viewed her portfolio by then because, just three days after her arrival, she scored the part of tough-as-nails CIA operative, and love interest of the threatened title character (played by Zachary Levi), Sarah Walker. (11/22/06-11/25/06) Stage: Appeared in / co-produced "Finn City". So, when she graduated high school and got into the prestigious but now shuttered Theatre Nepean at theUniversity of Western Sydney,her parents were not exactly thrilled. In 2014, she played the role of Dr. Terra Wade, a renowned electrophysiologist employed by Naberius to research the reanimation of dead matter, in the science-fantasy film I, Frankenstein. Her first language isnt English; her heritage isnt Anglo. Growing up in a polish-speaking household, Yvonne was never confident about her English vocabulary skills at school. Coming from Polish descent, Strahovski's family has the surname Strzechowski, which Yvonne had to cut short for easy pronunciation. Strahovski worked in Mass Effect series, where she did the voice-over of a character, her face was also imitated for that character. But what do you know about Strahovki's real-life family unit? Yvonne Strahovski in The Handmaids Tale (2017), In 2020, she starred as Sofie Werner, an Australian flight attendant who is arrested and detained alongside asylum seekers, in the Australian television drama Stateless.. Her first foray into feature films came a few years later with a role in 2006's "Gone," in which her stellar performance caught the attention of Hollywood casting directors and prompted a move to Los Angeles. In 2010, Loden played a Polish Rocker in the TV series Chuck, which stars his . She starred ina revival of Clifford Odets' "Golden Boy" as Lorna, a performance thatearned her a Theatre World Award, per The Sydney Morning Herald. She went on the say that she's "about halfway" through her pregnancy and is expecting a son. Yvonne learned to speak Polish, before learning English in school. Strahovski has a good command of English as well as the Polish language due to her family background . She originally spent much of her childhood speaking the native tongue her parents, who immigrated to Australia from Poland, while growing up and was able to show off her bilingualism as a skill she also shares with her character Sarah Walker when the writers of Chuck added it into series later on. Her next film role was in 2012, in the movie The Guilt Trip. Her father's name is Piotr Strzechowski is an electronic engineer by profession and her mother Bozena Strzechowski is a lab technician by profession. Her parents were Polish immigrants. Strahovski has also worked with the Fox series 24: Die Another Day, where she played the role of a CIA officer. Let me turn my video on. Yvonne Strahovski Recaps Serena Joy's Worst Moments for "The Handma. Yvonne Strahovski's Net Worth (Updated 2023) | Wealthy Gorilla Strahovski moved to LA 14 years ago to play CIA agent Sarah Walker (pictured with Zachary Levi) in the TV series Chuck.Credit:Alamy, Im impressed despite myself by Strahovskis unconcern about how she looks. The action revolves around a handmaid called Offred (her very name an indicator of the man shes assigned to), played by Elisabeth Moss, who has been brutally separated from her husband and daughter and forced to become a breeding concubine, ceremonially raped once a month by her Commander Fred Waterford (Joseph Fiennes), in the presence of his wife, Serena Joy (Strahovski). I feel lucky that I got to work with some of the big legends in town. She then went on to study Performance at the University of Western Sydney's School of Contemporary Arts, graduating in 2003. So demonstrators in costumes inspired by the series Red outfit has become a strong symbol, probably forever. I have strong ties to Poland. Height in Feet: 5 9". However, she did not agree. Her father, Peter Strzechowski, is an electronic engineer, while her mother, Boena Strzechowski, is a lab technician. Tim Loden, Yvonne Strahovski's Husband: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know I know you, but you disappeared., After school, Strahovski was accepted into Theatre Nepean, the University of Western Sydneys now-defunct, then-prestigious theatrical course, supported by John Bell and Ruth Cracknell, with David Wenham and Joel Edgerton among its graduates. Yvonne Strahovski: Movies, TV, and Bio - amazon.com Sent every Saturday. After Chuck ended, she joined the critically acclaimed Dexter, where she played killer and love interest Hannah McKay for the shows final two seasons. television in an episode of, Yvonne Strahovski Talks Taylor Swift and Cersei Lannister, Chris Pratt Reveals Why Arnold Schwarzenegger Could Help Him Save the World, Emmy Stars Reveal Their Favorite Performances of the Year. Her chin-length bobbed hair is damp and wildly messy. What Yvonne Strahovski And Zachary Levi's Relationship Is Like Today Speaking of the cult action comedy series, Chuck was Yvonne Strahovski's American acting debut: a goal that actually took a shorter time to achieve than it typically does for most actors born in the U.S. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Her parents emigrated to Australia from Warsaw, Poland. She remains very close to her family; she started dating her husband, actor Tim Loden, in 2010, and the pair married secretly in 2017. What's Yvonne Strahovski Net worth And Her Relationship status? Strahovski acted in the film Killer Elite collaborating with stars like Jason and Robert De Nero. 892 posts. Her parents emigrated from Warsaw, Poland to Australia before Yvonne was born. "I was running in between set and my trailer, breastfeeding on demand and doing scene work. But shes not what people expect. "I was a goody two shoes a straight-A girl, and I took pride in my studies," she told GQ. Yvonne Strahovski made her film debut when she played the role of Sondra in the film Gone (2007). Plus, she and her parents have always been a very close "little unit,"and she knew they would come around eventually. I was always making home videos and doing these little sketches., Childhood picture of Yvonne Strahovski with her mother. Shortly after graduating from Sydney's School of Contemporary Arts, Strahovski landed her premier TV role on an episode of "Double the First: Fear Factory." And, for that matter, to play. A mere seven weeks later, she headed back to work on the set of "The Handmaid's Tale." Her roles include the series Chuck, Dexter, and The Handmaids Tale and the films The Predator (2018) and The Tomorrow War. Her parents emigrated from Warsaw, Poland, before Yvonnes birth. Let us know if you ever spot the nose hole! I just adored the whole thing. I thought a lot about how we can show the audience that; what can we show in terms of exposing her vulnerabilities., Writer/showrunner Miller has seen this process first-hand. Hollywood celebrity Tom Hanks was Yvonnes celebrity crush during her high school days. I didnt even realise until we were all chatting together between takes, and I sort of put it together. Her parents were Polish immigrants. Yvonne Strahovski is a famous Australian actress, who has a large fanbase in Hollywood. Then her friendly American-Australian voice comes out of the ether. She attended the Santa Sabina College for her high school education. 23 Beth Behrs Hottest Half-Nude Photos Which Will Leave you Drooling "I really just didn't want my character, my job, or anything to do with 'The Handmaid's Tale' infiltrating this baby inside of me," she told the outlet. Strahovski revealed to Digital Spy that surviving her guest spot was flattering enough, but she never expected to play such a crucial part in the series known for killing off so many characters, assuming she would have become of a victim herself at some point. Yvonne Strahovski played Hannah McKay on the original series, and the character was one of few to survive the show. Perhaps the set served as their meet-cute! In subsequent roles, she began to consolidate her position in show business. Yvonne Strahovski | Chuck Wiki | Fandom It was just ridiculously hot," Strahovski said. Yvonne Strahovski really does love it. They can do the accents; theyve got good training; they work hard. Anyways, she has performed in several Hollywood movies and TV shows and has maintained her fame for a long time. Biography Yvonne Strahovski (born Strzechowski on 30 July 1982) is an Australian actress. In 2007, she bought a plane ticket to Los Angeles to audition for a few roles and landed a meeting with the producers of NBC's "Chuck." My family still lives here. In The Handmaids Tale she plays Serena Joy the wife of Commander Fred Waterford, with whom she laid the foundations for the totalitarian Republic of Gilead. she took Stambouliah on a trip to a San Luis Obispo state park in California. How to pronounce Yvonne | HowToPronounce.com Bra Size: 32B. But it was the best experience. Australian actress Yvonne Strahovski at the Nerd HQ 2014's Mystery Badass Women panel. Anyways, she has performed in several Hollywood movies and TV shows and has maintained her fame for a long time. 5 Tips on How To Make A Trendy Photo With Editing? To be so young, and to leave everything you knew and have no idea where you were going, aside from a couple of pamphlets from the Australian government 'Come and live here: here's some kangaroos and some beaches.' Based on all that we have learned about Yvonne Strahvoski thus far, it is safe to assume that she has little to no trouble with being candid about herself to the public. She spent her high school years attending Santa Sabina College, Strathfield. var referer="";try{if(referer=document.referrer,"undefined"==typeof referer||""==referer)throw"undefined"}catch(exception){referer=document.location.href,(""==referer||"undefined"==typeof referer)&&(referer=document.URL)}referer=referer.substr(0,700); Strahovski was a dedicated student with an interest in dancing and acting. Her parents were Polish immigrants. The story is set in a near-future USA, where religious fanatics have established a patriarchal theocracy called Gilead, in which women occupy rigidly subservient categories: the TV adaptation has high-status consorts (Wives), reproductive slaves (Handmaids), domestic servants (Marthas), drill sergeants (Aunts) and unpaid prostitutes (Jezebels). Lowest Rated: 5% I, Frankenstein (2014) Birthday: Jul 30, 1982. It was crazy being all 'miserable Serena' and then coming in and having so much joy looking at my baby, and then going back into the scene and then coming back again and breastfeeding and being happy." (She speaks to him in Polish, and apparently he has a great Ponglish accent.) The Truth About Yvonne Strahovski's Family. My childhood was full of hiking and going to the Blue Mountains and Bungonia Caves, and caving, abseiling, camping. 75. Because Yvonne Strahovski was such a good student, her parents,Piotr and Bozena, were not expecting their daughter to try her luck as an actor. . While Strahovski has found unprecedented fame with "The Handmaid's Tale," she has actually enjoyed a steady and fruitful career in Hollywood since 2007. Shortly afterwards, she landed her first role on Then she took a lead role in 24: Live Another Day, once again as a CIA agent. Back in the US after Australia, the family had a weeks break, then went to Atlanta for Strahovski to shoot The Tomorrow War, a futuristic action movie(arriving on Amazon Prime Video in July) in which, though details are yet to be released, Strahovski is dressed in black military fatigues and toting a large weapon. Yvonne Strahovski Wiki, Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband Family rcel.type = 'text/javascript'; Look: Yvonne Strahovski gives birth to second child with Tim Loden In addition to being, arguably, her best known role to date, Sarah Walker may also be the name that Yvonne Strahovski is most often associated with because her fans are not sure how to say her real name.

Whatever Happened To Dixie Armstrong, 350 Legend Sbr Ballistics, Articles Y

yvonne strahovski polish